Gransnet forums

Local

Is it me?

(4 Posts)
Fontana Fri 25-Apr-14 20:08:10

I'm an avid gardener and spend a lot of time tweaking and caring for my plants, I have a Japanese Acer which was virtually just a twig when I bought it. Its been growing well in its large pot this spring in a neat umbrella shape, least it was until a man from the local scaffolding company who was building scaffolding dropped a step ladder on it and broke half of the branches off...even after I had offered to move it and said that he should tell me if it was in the way!

I have complained to the company who have said they will compensate me, but I'm still pretty fed up about it. My husband says its just a tree!!!
I mean really???

Would you feel the same or am I being a drama queen

MiniMouse Sat 26-Apr-14 11:19:48

I'm with you on this, Fontana! Just a tree ??? Now I'm not suggesting you should have counselling over this, but I do think you're justified in being upset, especially after you offered to move it!

I suppose the moral of the story is - another time don't ask about moving something out of the say, just do it anyway wink especially if a man's involved (bit of controversy there methinks!!). . . . .

Here are a few flowers until you buy your new acer smile

MiniMouse Sat 26-Apr-14 11:20:37

Oops, out of the way

Fontana Tue 29-Apr-14 15:23:28

Thanks Mini Mouse - I agree about the man thing! wink