Gransnet forums

Local

Meet up in May

(11 Posts)
juneh Mon 28-Apr-14 22:34:31

Next meetup for all who might be interested will be in the Fig Café at Lemon Street Market Truro at 11am for coffee and cake hope you can make it the more the merrier smile

nannalyn53 Tue 29-Apr-14 13:29:26

I think the upstairs café (which has more space and sofas) is called the Lander Gallery café. The Fig is the smaller downstairs one I believe.

Wherever we end up, I'm looking forward to it!

dogsdinner Tue 29-Apr-14 14:39:31

Date please??

nannalyn53 Tue 29-Apr-14 18:09:23

Hi - it's Weds 28th May and hope to see you there.

juneh Wed 30-Apr-14 15:53:03

It looks like there might be a few more from the knitting group and yes think the larger cafe upstairs is better for space. Looking forward to it smile

juneh Fri 09-May-14 10:05:16

I am enjoying being in cornwall and spending a lot of time with my daughter which is lovely and my lovely girls. It feels great not having to drive 8 hours to spend intensive time with them all now I am just around the corner. Love it!
Getting used to driving around on my own in a new area with no one to tell me which way I should be going or which lane or gear i should be in etc etc...namely ex husband. Feels freeing, I think that sometimes us older women have allowed husbands or partners to drive us around and then naturally we lose confidence in our ability to drive and navigate. I was leaning that way and getting lazy by automatically sitting myself in the passenger seat and often falling asleep on any journey over half an hour.
At first I did feel anxious about driving through country lanes to get to the main town centre of Truro but pushed myself through it as I needed to find my way around the shops, get shopping from Sainsburies and find the vet, and PC world and my favourite, Marks and Spencer.
My computor has had a great health problem and went to PC world hospital for sick lap tops. Seems I had a corrupted windows thingy and they mended it although it did take over a week.
Where I am living right now in Veryan had no mobile connection and had to wait for a land line for 3 weeks but now all systems go and with good Broad band connection the world is my oyster.
Looking forward to our next meet up at Lemon Street market, if anyone doesn't know who we are one of us will wear a bluish scarf and be sat with other ladies of a certain age.
Hope to meet lots of new people
smile June

dogsdinner Thu 22-May-14 07:24:47

Looking forward to meeting up again. Maybe there are some who haven't posted on here yet, how about joining us? Anyone on holiday down here? Come and have a coffee and chat.

juneh Sat 24-May-14 23:35:42

Meet up time is 11am on the 28th isn't it?
see you soon
x June

Mimosa Fri 30-May-14 15:57:49

Hi June
Well done you for driving around now on your own and finding out about the different places down here. I have to do the same but have got used to the area a bit more now. I live in a small village near Penryn and also have my children and grand children close by. Shame I did not see message about the meet up on the 28th and unfortunately mornings are not good for me as I am doing other things.
I am an artist living on my own, very happy with two dogs! x

juneh Fri 30-May-14 23:18:40

Hello, good to hear from you. I am sure we will meet again soon why not join us. How about next month? I am in Veryan and happy together How about an afternoon in the last week in June.

juneh Wed 25-Jun-14 15:07:40

Hi
we have now got down 2 dates 2pm at the Lemon Street café upstairs in the gallery and the same venue unless anyone got other ideas, on the 21st July for lunch at 12md
Let me know if you fancy a get-to-gether on either or both those dates.
smile