Gransnet forums

Local

Summer 2014 Meet Up

(27 Posts)
Sandy217 Tue 06-May-14 13:23:19

Hello everyone smile

Time to plan an early summer gathering I think. I appreciate we are a little far flung so am up for all suggestions. Most importantly first is where. We can either arrange one for all of us, or perhaps use this Forum as a vehicle for a group in your area to meet up.

What do you think/what would you prefer? Please have your say - all views are welcome, and we will see what we can arrange. Coffee and cake is enough to lure me to most places wink.

Hope you are enjoying the Spring. Months seem to be flying by so quickly so I'm eager not to waste the good weather flowers

All the best
Sandy

Watermaid Thu 08-May-14 13:07:53

if it's either a Tuesday or Thursday would be interested be good to meet some new people, hmmm where, maybe a park and bring a picnic ?? or farm shop/ cafe possibly Taunton, Yeovil I don't reallly mind happy to travel a bit

SueD Thu 08-May-14 19:08:05

Count me in if we are around. Will travel and happy to give lifts from Ilminster or Taunton area smile

Wallygrom Thu 08-May-14 19:55:07

oooh yes if I can get time off work or if its a Saturday - cant guarantee it, but certainly keen!! Area??? Mid somerset I guess would work for most people - Taunton area maybe?? Also depends when as i have a holiday booked and a few weekends away.....

Sandy217 Tue 13-May-14 08:43:44

Hi all, as Watermaid specifically asked for a Tuesday or Thursday, can we aim for either of those days maybe? Let's go for June and take it from there - which would give us a choice of 10 days!!!! 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 or 26 smile. Taunton area suits me fine - suggestions for a venue please? Picnic would be fun but so weather dependent so perhaps an indoor venue? Let's try and narrow it down - all suggestions welcome.

See you soon
Sandy

SueD Wed 14-May-14 11:25:32

It would be good to find somewhere with an outside space so that if we are blessed with a fine day we could sit outside. I am a bit out of touch with local venues (having moved back here after 30+ years away) but pubs that serve coffee and snacks and have a garden might be an idea or somewhere like Monks Yard where they have an enclosed patio area. I think I can manage any of those dates at the moment. cupcake sunshine

Sandy217 Wed 14-May-14 17:25:21

I think Monk's Yard is great, but a little south if we are trying to get a more central location. Anyone know anywhere around the Taunton area?

BethH Thu 22-May-14 17:41:09

Hi everyone, very new here but would welcome the opportunity to meet up with you. I live in Glastonbury but have car so can travel pretty much anywhere. Tuesdays and Thursdays are good for me.

Sandy217 Fri 23-May-14 08:12:21

Hi Beth, it's good to hear from you. I'm hoping we have a few more responses soon and can firm up a date smile

Sandy

SueD Fri 23-May-14 18:02:23

Perhaps we could consider the garden centre at Monkton Heathfield? I believe there is a bus that goes there which may help some people.

Sandy217 Sat 24-May-14 11:13:03

That sounds good to me. Is everyone happy with that as a rendezvous?

yggdrasil Wed 04-Jun-14 12:06:05

Hi there, has any decision been made here? And could you list a postcode for wherever you decide so I can use my satnav, I have only been living here a lshort while :-)

SueD Fri 06-Jun-14 12:30:38

www.monktonelmgardencentre.co.uk/
Postcode is TA2 8QN

I am still OK except 26th June could be a problem so if we could avoid that date I should be grateful.

Looking forward to seeing some new faces

BethH Sun 15-Jun-14 13:49:54

Hi, been away for a week, have we fixed a date yet. I haven't got anything booked for rest of the month.

Sandy217 Mon 16-Jun-14 13:48:40

Hi everyone. I'm going to back out of this meet, but please go ahead and organise a get together amongst yourselves. A venue has been suggested which is pretty central, so all it will take is a date to be agreed upon. I hope I'll be able to come along to any future meet ups, so will keep my eyes open.

Cheers
Sandy

SueD Tue 24-Jun-14 11:26:57

We seem to have stalled on this! June is almost over so guess we are maybe looking at the beginning of July? Has anyone any thoughts on dates?

BethH Tue 24-Jun-14 15:27:55

Hi Sue, I have been thinking the same thing. Can do Thursday 3rd July and most others.

We may just have to pick a date and go for those who can make it.

Beth

SueD Tue 24-Jun-14 16:05:33

I'm tied up that morning but could always manage afternoon tea! After that my only other free Tuesday or Thursday are 15th or 17th. I think the children break up after that so it will be busy every where. Away for the whole of August but back again in September.

Is
that any help?

yggdrasil Sat 28-Jun-14 13:09:30

I can do Tuesdays

SueD Sat 28-Jun-14 17:43:31

How about we try for Tuesday 15th July? Morning or afternoon is fine. Beth - can you do that day and of course anyone else that would like to join us. The more the merrier! Happy to give a lift from Ilminster/Taunton area for anyone that needs it.

BethH Mon 30-Jun-14 19:03:43

Hi, yes I can manage that. Mornings better but can do afternoon

SueD Tue 01-Jul-14 19:02:44

Ok - Tuesday 15th July it is then at Monkton Elm Garden Centre. Say 10.30 ish? There are two restaurant/ cafés there. Shall we say the pond cafe if the weather is fine or tha main restaurant if it is throwing it down.

You are all welcome to join us - the more the merrier - please spread the word and looking forward to meeting you all.

Sandy it would be lovely if you could join us.

BethH Sat 05-Jul-14 12:07:33

It will be really nice to meet some of you. I'll be there.
Beth

yggdrasil Sun 13-Jul-14 18:12:23

I have been given a hospital appointment, so won't be able to make it. Sorry

SueD Mon 14-Jul-14 18:46:35

Sorry too hear you can't make it Yggdrasil. Look forward to catching up with Beth and anyone else who can make it. 10.45 tomorrow at the pond cafe if fine!