Gransnet forums

Local

Tearoom with a difference

(11 Posts)
Peggysue3 Thu 05-Jun-14 21:01:10

Just wanted to share the news that the tearoom at the Museum of Power at Langford has recently had a change of management. Hubby and I have become regulars and the new menu is superb with competitive local prices and the food is always freshly prepared and superbly presented. Entry to the tearoom and the grounds is free and the tearoom's patio area is an idyllic place to sit with a pot of tea as it overlooks the gardens and the river. Would highly recommend.

Sarniesandy Tue 08-Jul-14 14:03:28

Hi Peggysue

Am very new in here, but I know where you mean. Never been there before but sounds really nice. Will have to pop in when passing one day.. Not too far from Chelmsford either.

Belle5 Tue 08-Jul-14 15:03:19

I pass by quite often...will have to pop in for a cuppa!

Sarniesandy Tue 08-Jul-14 18:24:27

Hi Belle5

Have you been a member long?
Sandy.

Peggysue3 Wed 09-Jul-14 10:26:08

Hello Sarniesandy and Belle5

Thought I had better mention the Tearoom at the Museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Hope you enjoy your visit when you do pop in for a cuppa.

Sarniesandy Wed 09-Jul-14 11:00:50

Thanks Peggiesue for that....

Belle5... I don't pass by much these days but it's always nice to hear of places to try.... South hanningfield has a nice cafe by the reservoir with outside decking area. Good place on a nice sunny day. Lots of ducks so good for the grand kids.

editorjo Wed 09-Jul-14 11:54:03

Hi ladies all (Peggiesue, Sarniesandy and Belle5)

How about we organise a Gransnet meetup for August at the Museum?

Would a Friday morning suit all, for a cuppa and slice of cake?!

Jo
Gransnet Editor

Peggysue3 Wed 09-Jul-14 15:44:57

Hello Jo

A Friday in August would be fine for me.

editorjo Wed 09-Jul-14 16:35:03

Fab, how would Friday 1st August suit all? ;-)

Sarniesandy Fri 11-Jul-14 00:16:42

Hi ladies.... Friday 1st August is good with me....be nice to meet you all... Sandra.

Belle5 Sun 13-Jul-14 22:00:27

Hi Sarnisandy, have been a member for about 4 months (I think, time flies lol). Editorjo... can't make Friday 1st August as I have clients booked in all day, so maybe the next time! smile