Gransnet forums

Local

Meet up

(10 Posts)
Wallygrom Mon 14-Jul-14 20:30:58

If members could let me know where they live (roughly) I will try and arrange a meet up centrally in August to those who are interested. Let me know your thoughts......thanks!

Icyalittlebit Mon 14-Jul-14 23:15:27

Hi Wallygrom . That sounds like a great idea. I am right on the Wiltshire / Gloucestershire border, nit far from Malmesbury, but happy to travel. Second half of August? Good luck!

Wallygrom Thu 17-Jul-14 17:21:19

Thanks for your interest Icyalittlebit - will see what feedback we get....might consider September as an alternative if its better for ppl :-) Keep watching this space and our FB page

Do you follow us on FB? If not, please feel to join us there too, you will be very welcome!! on.fb.me/1kgxrJH

Hammycmt Fri 01-Aug-14 10:32:21

In Royal Wootton Bassett happy for meet Latter half August.
Christina

Wallygrom Tue 19-Aug-14 13:22:20

hi all - sorry for delay in replying - have had a few PM's from Gransnetters and it seems that whilst people are interested August is a difficult month for most due to holidays etc. and September is also difficult, so I would propose a date early in October - how about Friday 3rd October? I have been trying to think of somewhere central and looking on a map Devizes seems to be a good place to consider. Was thinking that a lunch time meet up might be quite nice in a pub/restaurant and have identified The Black Swan as a potential......please let me know your views asap

Icyalittlebit Tue 19-Aug-14 15:46:16

Friday 3rd Oct looks possible for me. I don't know the Black Swan, but it looks very central to the town. Perhaps another time we could try one with water: there is the Hourglass at Devizes right on the canal www.hourglassdevizes.co.uk/index.html

Wallygrom Sat 23-Aug-14 08:09:56

Icyalittlebit - that looks a really nice place and depending on how everyone is getting there we could use it as a possibility.....of course if people are using public transport then perhaps it would be more difficult as it looks out of the town centre.....sadly so far we don't really seem to have very much interest in a meet up and if there is only going to be a couple of us we should perhaps consider somewhere closer to where we live as certainly for me, Devizes whilst central in Wiltshire is a 50 mile drive and I don't want to drive all that way to find its just me turning up. Lets give it until Sunday 21st September for Gransnetters to express their interest and views and then make a final decision.

Icyalittlebit Mon 25-Aug-14 08:53:34

Whereabouts are you, Wallygrom? I had a feeling you might be Bristol way? We need a pin map app to work out where would be most central!

Wallygrom Mon 25-Aug-14 18:45:30

Icyalittlebit - I actually live in Cheddar but work mostly in Bath, occasionally in Bristol & Trowbridge, but willing to travel for a meet up.

Wallygrom Sat 20-Sep-14 08:40:17

hi all
I have devised a survey which I would ask you to undertake - should take no more than 5 minutes, which will allow Gransnetters to let me know their locations so that we can arrange a meet up more easily. I have also asked some questions about what you would like to see in our local newsletters which will help me to ensure they are relevant to you.

Please go to this link and complete asap https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JP8GTKB

Thanks - Dee