Gransnet forums

Local

Grandparent to adopted children??

(1 Post)
Wallygrom Thu 17-Jul-14 17:48:46

The Adoption Social has decided to start facilitating some meet-ups for parents and grandparents of adopted children across the country. These will be informal gatherings – perhaps in a coffee shop (if without the kids) or a park/zoo/woods (with the kids), and hope that they could lead to regular meet-ups, which will provide more support, understanding and even friendship for you on a local level. Some of our children don’t know any other adopted children, so these meet-ups could be a great opportunity for them to meet others in the same boat, and hopefully they won’t feel so isolated either. For more information take a look at their site: theadoptionsocial.com/uncategorized/the-adoption-social-gatherings/ For more information please contact them on [email protected]

As a Gransnet editor, and grandmother to an adopted grandson as well as non adopted grandchildren , I am particularly interested in this and hope to be able to attend something locally with other Gransnetters in a similar position. I live in Somerset but cover Bath & Wiltshire too and would be willing to travel to help facilitate this in any of my local areas. If anybody wishes to PM me please feel free to do so, or perhaps post a comment expressing your interest in your area. Thanks