Gransnet forums

Local

Grandparents wanted

(3 Posts)
KaylaM Wed 30-Jul-14 08:45:01

Hello I'm originally from Germany therefore my mum is far away even though she does visit quite regular. I would love a surrogate grandparent for my 2, a girl 4 yrs old and a baby boy 7 mths old

Kate13 Wed 30-Jul-14 21:54:16

Hello KaylaM. Please be careful trying to find surrogate grandparents for your little ones. And don't be too trusting. There are an awful.lot of odd people about. Perhaps you should try to make contact/friends with people who know you. (Local church/playgroup/library?) Also please bear in mind that your little ones might prefer the surrogates over the real grandparent and that could be very hurtful. Remember..not everyone is a nice person. Personally I would never introduce my kids to complrte strangers.
think carefully, my dear KaylaM
Hugs

genielight Sat 27-Dec-14 18:54:44

Hello Kaylam.
I'm a lonely gran living in Ltham St Annes. I have 5 wonderful G/children most now live in Perth Australia!!! I miss them so much but am happy for them they are loving their new life.
I have one G/daughter here in the UK she's now 19 years old, she comes to visit me a couple of times a month which I love.. What I'm saying is I've gone from a full hands on gran to feeling not needed any more..

I too agree with what Kate said!! you do need to take care but I feel you can always make friends first and get to know and trust someone willing to help..

Thank you..