Gransnet forums

Local

Meet up for coffee: Weds 10th Sept 2014 11am - Bristol City Centre

(16 Posts)
constance Sat 30-Aug-14 18:45:11

Just realised needed to put time and date in subject so am duplicating this post! Bear with me...

Hello everyone!

I've just taken over the reigns as local editor - it may take me a while to get the hang of it so I thought it might be nice to do a face-to-face get-together over coffee one morning, so, would anyone like to meet up in Bristol City Centre near Broadmead on Wednesday 10th of September 11am?

I know that may not suit everyone, I just wanted to get the ball rolling and have to fit round my part-time work.

Next time we could have a coffee/meet up on a different day or somewhere else if people want that - I can sometimes get hold of a car or we could pick somewhere on an easy bus route.

So, Wednesday 10th September, 11 am - There's a really spacious cafe in the old fire station building (which explains the big red doors!) near Bridewell - it's called Kitchen at the Station and it's on Silver Street, between Nelson Street and Rupert Street, next door to Laser Fusion (used to be called Laser Quest).
I've been in there a few times and it does nice coffee and I thought 11am would give people the chance to get there after the morning rush and stay and have lunch if they wanted.

I'll try and get there early and could make a gransnet sign so you know which table to approach, or I could wear a comedy hat...

Maniac Mon 01-Sep-14 10:08:40

constance
Yippee I have a free day on Sep 10th and Broadmead is easy for me to get to by bus from Backwell although delays due to A370 road works.
I look forward to meeting you.

sunseeker Mon 01-Sep-14 15:27:18

Hi Constance - have sent you a pm, will be there on Wednesday

constance Mon 01-Sep-14 19:01:58

Great!!

I will sit with my laptop open trying to look like a social media expert. ANd a big G sign mebbe.

constance Tue 02-Sep-14 11:06:49

Ha, just realised I wrote REIGNS instead of REINS. Am not trying to be Queen Bee, honest....

wink

cazthebookworm Fri 05-Sep-14 14:42:11

Hopefully I will also be there, look forward to meeting up with you.

Oldgreymare Fri 05-Sep-14 19:09:23

Sorry, hairdo and pedicure booked...... a girl has to do what a girl has to do. Will try to make the next one altho Bristol by 11 a.m. could be a bit early for me (distance to travel!)

cazthebookworm Mon 08-Sep-14 15:12:51

So sorry, just realised the 10th is Wednesday, (for some reason I thought it was a Thursday) and I go walking that day with my local group. Hopefully I will be able to come along the next time.

constance Mon 08-Sep-14 23:49:51

I hope this will just be the first of many meetups - maybe each one could be on a different day - thursday next time maybe?

constance Thu 11-Sep-14 17:01:57

Well, I had a lovely time meeting Maniac and Sunseeker and chatting about all sorts of things. I think I let them get the odd word in edgeways...

Look forward to meeting a few more people, so will aim to organise something in about a month's time on a weds or thurs. Late morning coffee with the option of staying on for lunch is best for me.

I fancy either Lido Cafe in Portishead next to the open air pool
or
The National Trust Cowbarn cafe at Tyntesfield as you don't have to pay to go in to the Estate and it seems wheelchair-friendly for those who need it.

Suggestions for other places welcome too.

Maniac Wed 24-Sep-14 17:52:57

constance Sorry I didn't get back to you.Enjoyed meeting you and I thought 'The Station' was a good venue - easy access by public transport and convenient for Broadmead shopping.They didn't seem to mind us sitting drinking coffee for 2 hrs. The lunch snacks looked appetising.I had to dash off to a physio appt but would be happy to meet there again.

constance Sun 28-Sep-14 16:47:58

Glad you liked it - I thought it was handy. And very friendly. I've been away for a week but am now back and will get planning another meet-up

Maggiemazed Fri 09-Jan-15 18:21:09

This sounds like a good idea - but what happened next? Has anything happened since last September?

confused

constance Mon 12-Jan-15 08:54:25

Hi maggiemazed
brew
We had a bit of a discussion here local.gransnet.com/forums/local_bristol/1210782-Good-morning-Bristol-fancy-a-coffee but nothing came of it yet - and then it was Xmas.
I just put a message on there to see if anyone is up for getting together on a Weds morning at Station.
smile

Maggiemazed Mon 12-Jan-15 18:57:38

Thanks I'll keep looking to see if anything transpires.

constance Sat 17-Jan-15 11:17:34

Oh do! Or suggest a time/date there