Gransnet forums

Local

Gransnet meet-up, Friday 7th November Cheltenham

(20 Posts)
Dianeayr Wed 22-Oct-14 15:25:25

Thought I would start a new thread for our meet up as it seems to be getting lost in the forums. It is not very far off now and I am looking forward to meeting those of you that are coming. Any comments, questions please post on this thread. I am hoping that the ladies that have agreed to it are still coming, if for any reason anybody can't now make it please let me know. Any other local gransnetters who would like to join us, you would be more than welcome, just let me know. I am hoping that if everything goes ok, we could make it a regular thing, it's a nice way of meeting new people and making new friends.

BeeJay23 Wed 29-Oct-14 19:16:27

Not long now, how will we recognise each other?

Rabbit99 Thu 30-Oct-14 20:55:31

Just got back from holiday, and if I'm not too late I would love to join in next week.

Dianeayr Fri 31-Oct-14 14:45:39

No, that would be lovely Rabbit99. We are meeting at 1pm in Cheltenham, at Wetherspoons, Bath Road ( It's called the Moon under water). BeeJay23 I am going to ring Wetherspoons and try to book us a table. Will post on here what happens, if I can I will book under the name of Gransnet, so the staff should be able to point you in the right direction. Watch this space, and I am looking forward to meeting you all.

heavenknows Sun 02-Nov-14 19:13:19

Hi. I'm fairly new to Gransnet, but have been on Mumsnet for ages. If you don't mind another joining you, I might be able to make the meetup at Wetherspoons (although I'd have to take off at 2pm for school run), provided I can find it.

Dianeayr Sun 02-Nov-14 21:02:42

heavenknows that would be lovely, will add you to my list. If you're unsure of where it is then let me know, I can give you directions, it's really easy to find and very close to the town centre.

Oddments Sun 02-Nov-14 21:16:30

I've just joined - hope it's OK if I come along on Friday

heavenknows Mon 03-Nov-14 07:36:51

it's just along the high street, past barclays and iceland and turn right on Bath road, correct? I don't venture past Barclays/Regency much, but I looked it up online.

Dianeayr Mon 03-Nov-14 17:53:47

Oddments, yes of course it's fine for you to come. heavenknows yes that is correct. I have booked a table or us for 1pm. I have booked it under my name but also Gransnet. There is a pic of me on my home page but you can always ask a member of staff to point it out if you don't recognise me. I will also prop a couple of Gransnet fliers on the table. If anybody who has previously agreed to come and can now no longer make it, could you let me know please. Any questions please just ask, otherwise I will see you all on Friday 7th November at 1pm.

lilyg Wed 05-Nov-14 07:09:56

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday.

lilyg Fri 07-Nov-14 16:39:08

Enjoyed the meet up. Great to meet everyone. Definitely must do it again

SladValleyChristine Fri 07-Nov-14 17:27:36

It was good to meet up today. Thanks Diane for arranging it. I'll try to keep a better eye on our local site, and will check the Facebook updates are getting through. Hope to see you all again!

BeeJay23 Fri 07-Nov-14 19:05:34

Lovely to meet everyone today. Look forward to seeing you all again!

Oldgreymare Fri 07-Nov-14 19:44:59

Just got home, accident on the 46 just North of Bath added an extra hour to my journey......grrrr
Good to meet up with you all...... shopping trip'interesting' but NO purchases#feelingthrifty
Thanks Diane, and all of you for being kind to a 'visitor'! xxx

Rabbit99 Fri 07-Nov-14 19:56:39

Great to meet you all, thank you so much Diane for organising it. Hope we can get together again in the near future.��

marionk Fri 07-Nov-14 22:07:39

Enjoyed it very much and look forward to doing it again - many thanks Diane

Icyalittlebit Fri 07-Nov-14 22:24:54

My thanks too, Diane it was great to see people for real.

Dianeayr Sat 08-Nov-14 23:44:12

My thanks to you too ladies for braving the awful weather. It was lovely meeting you all. Hope the venue was ok with everybody? I will be more than happy to arrange another meet-up, maybe in a couple of months time? If you would like to try a different venue next time please post, we can always arrange it, or it everyone is happy returning to this first venue then that's fine too.
Diane

heavenknows Mon 10-Nov-14 20:29:45

It was lovely to meet everyone. I thought the venue was good, but am happy to try others if people want to. Look forward to another meet up.

heavenknows Mon 10-Nov-14 20:30:19

And thank you Diane for organising it smile