Gransnet forums

Local

Colchester Hospital declares 'major incident'

(2 Posts)
Pittcity Sat 15-Nov-14 13:39:47

The start of an article on the BBC News website today: "Colchester Hospital has declared a "major incident" following an inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

The hospital trust said the major incident is likely to last a week, and asked patients to visit Accident & Emergency only if they have a "serious or life-threatening condition".

The CQC raised "safeguarding concerns" following an inspection on Wednesday.

The watchdog found staff struggling to cope with "unprecedented demand"."

I have read that it was the A&E and Emergency Admissions Unit that were inspected. Also that elderly patients were restrained and that "Do Not Resuscitate" notices were ignored.

There have also been many other rumours flying about...

I have found out that X Rays can be carried out at the Walk-In centre next to the hospital now between 9am and 4.30pm.

What do you think? Have you had any good or bad experiences of the hospital? Do you think the NHS can survive?

Iam64 Sun 16-Nov-14 08:46:54

I read this yesterday, very depressing. What puzzles me is how different organisations/institutions can be. Our recent experiences of the NHS have been universally positive though that isn't to say the assault by this government on the NHS will allow that to continue