Gransnet forums

Local

A useful campaign if you can navigate the web!

(3 Posts)
Geraldine62 Sun 14-Dec-14 11:35:47

As the BBC go all out on their less lonely campaign, I decided I would quickly share a link on social media.

I consider myself to be not too bad at navigating myself around the web and the beeb is one of my goto sites for info, but it took me four attempts to actually access the link from their home page in the end I had to go to their A-Z of BBC.CO.UK and type in less lonely in the search bar!
Then it brings up all the stories about loneliness, you have to scroll down and click on A life less lonely to get to that page, which happens to be in their iplayer for radio (don't give up! although I was getting mad!) it is there, where you will find the links and support tab!

If you click on links and support tab, you will find a list of organisations including mumsnet, imagine my surprise to find no Gransnet after all that! (I know they are the same organisation and I know the campaign is trying to steer clear of the stereotypical 'only the oldies are lonely' but I was disappointed,
a)at the beeb for not having the link embedded at the foot of each article
b) at not seeing a link for Gransnet and the forums in particular.

There are smarter folk than me at work here, do they think we will all be less lonely if we spend an eternity looking for a link???

Just so you don't have to trawl/surf/turf or lose your self worth, here's a link you can share
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3jptftKKPfrPHclTXYF0gxR/links-and-support

Elegran Mon 15-Dec-14 10:47:15

I followed your example and Googled BBC and "less lonely campaign" On the first results page that came up, there was one reference to it - a tweet from someone unconnected (with a link to www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02d68qy and thence to www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/40pnvVYfPptVPw72d2NVs4y/millions-face-christmas-alone-reveals-bbc-poll. a statement of the staistics, but no link to a way of combatting that loneliness)

However there were half a dozen for Rotherham's less lonely campaign! So Rotherham are better at publicising their campaign than the BBC, and attracting others to help and to add publicity. They could give lessons.

Geraldine62 Thu 18-Dec-14 18:51:11

Thanks Elegran for sharing, it's not just me then?? smile