Gransnet forums

Local

Brighton and Hove is this group active?

(21 Posts)
dogsma Fri 02-Jan-15 14:11:05

Hi, I recently joined Gransnet and see lots of discussions etc on the main site, but can't find much on the local B&H one.

I'd like to chat online to local members, and some social get- togethers.

I look forward to hearing from other East Sussex members and apologise if I am using the site wrongly and not finding the B&H content, if so advice would be welcome

Brendawymms Sat 03-Jan-15 18:35:37

There is a Sussex group that tries to meet up perhaps we will make it this year. Look on the local site. I think it's listed under West Sussex.
Apologises for any toes I have stood on.

Brendawymms Sat 03-Jan-15 18:36:31

I am in East Sussex on the Weald in the middle of no where.

dogsma Thu 08-Jan-15 20:42:43

Thanks for the reply Brendawmms. I've left it a few days to see if anyone else comments, but no joy.

How strange that very few people in this area are interested in meeting each other. The forums are interesting, but chatting on them is a solitary pursuit, meeting real people is more fun.

yogagran Thu 08-Jan-15 21:57:01

Welcome to GN dogsma, we've tried a couple of times in the past to organise meet-ups in the South East area without much success. Some of us have met for coffee in Burgess Hill and also in Horsham.
Perhaps we'll try again......?

yogagran Thu 08-Jan-15 22:55:04

Just wondering - if this thread might be better on the general forum rather than the GN local section. There is a "Meet-ups" heading on the list and I feel that there might be more response there?

dogsma Sat 10-Jan-15 12:49:47

Hi Yogagran, I did try the general forum and got NO replies!!

MiniMouse Sun 11-Jan-15 00:08:17

Hello Dogsma for some reason meetups seem to be a lost cause in West Sussex! A couple of us meet every few months, but that's about it!

Grandma2Two Mon 23-Mar-15 09:53:05

Well...I will try again to post a message-as the last few times my messages seem to not appear! I would like to meet up...I live in West Sussex-but I drive-so can do East or West.
I look forward to meeting some new friends for coffee/lunch..or a nice walk along the sea front.
Days that are good for me are...Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Anyone else up for meeting?
Regards
Grandma 2 Two

trueblue22 Sun 28-Jun-15 20:23:20

Hi dogsma. I just saw your post.

I live in Hove but prefer to be anonymous on this site. I think it helps to be anonymous when posting personal details and that's probably why people don't want to actually meet up.

There's lots to do in the city and plenty of other ways to meet people. Do you have a dog? I do and am always chatting to dog owners in the park or seafront.

I have a friend who moved back here from the States after 35 years and she's met most of her new friends through walking her dog.

dogsma Sat 01-Aug-15 19:44:24

hi, I just think that it's always nice to meet new people. I understand the point about anonymity but I don't get involved in on line discussions so feel that meeting up with anyone who cared to get in touch wouldn't be something I'd worry about.

I do have dogs and meet lots of other dog walkers and have a lot of friends locally. I just really wanted to meet other grandmas .

Thanks for taking the time to offer advice I heartily endorse the dog walking advice. they get you out of the house and chatting to all sorts of people

dogsma Sat 01-Aug-15 19:44:25

hi, I just think that it's always nice to meet new people. I understand the point about anonymity but I don't get involved in on line discussions so feel that meeting up with anyone who cared to get in touch wouldn't be something I'd worry about.

I do have dogs and meet lots of other dog walkers and have a lot of friends locally. I just really wanted to meet other grandmas .

T
hanks for taking the time to offer advice I heartily endorse the dog walking advice. they get you out of the house and chatting to all sorts of people

T

hanks for taking the time to offer advice I heartily endorse the dog walking advice. they get you out of the house and chatting to all sorts of people

T

Musty Mon 23-Nov-15 12:51:20

I have only just joined and would be interested in meeting up for coffee, lunch etc. I live in Brighton and Hove.smile

Kips Thu 19-May-16 10:48:59

Just reading through some previous posts and would like very much to meet up for a coffee and a chat. I live in West Sussex but I'm willing to travel. Best day for me is a Thursday. Any takers??

MiniMouse Thu 19-May-16 16:47:57

Kips You could try posting on the West Sussex Local thread? I'm not sure how to post a link from my phone, but if you go to Local Sites you should find it!

waywardtapper Wed 18-Jan-17 16:03:32

There's a coffee morning at Age UK Brighton & Hove on Wednesdays that's nice for meeting people, and a knitting group too every other Tuesday: Age UK Brighton & Hove

JudyT Wed 15-Mar-17 23:24:24

Moving temporarily to Preston Park to be a good granny to three fab children but busy house and wondered if anyone has spare room to serve as retreat for me. I am happy, independent, busy and willing to fit in with your expectations. Have lodgers of my own so understand the process.

baker75 Mon 18-Jun-18 15:33:23

Hello,
Anyone out there ? I have just joined gransnet and should like to have 'chats'. I am a Great Grandma of two little boys. I am a retired Home Economics Teacher, now 88 and somewhat infirm. I am currently looking for Housework Help 2hrs daily three mornings weekly. Know anyone that would like a job locally ?
If not, I should enjoy getting to know you.
baker75

Skynnylynny Tue 19-Jun-18 12:47:25

Hello everyone. I’m in my 70s, not very mobile, love reading crime novels and would like to find someone to chat with. Find it very difficult to get out without help and my family are good but busy. I’m in East Sussex. Hope to hear from you soon.