Gransnet forums

Local

Bristol Libraries consultation re closures

(5 Posts)
constance Tue 03-Mar-15 20:08:00

There's still time to share your thoughts on the future of libraries around Bristol, with all the talk of closures I thought I would share the link to all the information from Bristol City council:
www.bristol.gov.uk/page/leisure-and-culture/future-bristols-libraries-consultation
I have very fond memories of spending saturdays in my local library where I grew up, reading as many books as I could. I sometimes get to Central Library and Bedminster library but not as often as I'd like. I do think they are important places, especially for those who can't afford to buy new books when they come out.

constance Tue 24-Mar-15 13:00:02

There's a link to download a list of where to go and have your say about the plans for the libraries : sessions and meetings 2015_0.pdf

constance Tue 24-Mar-15 13:00:55

Oh that did not work - you have to cut and paste all this:

bristol.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/leisure_and_culture/libraries/drop-in sessions and meetings 2015_0.pdf

cazthebookworm Tue 24-Mar-15 15:19:30

Thanks Constance.
Sadly, libraries as we knew them are slowly changing, and not always for the better. Progress? My local library has amalgamated with Bath and North East Somerset, and is now housed in a modern building, which has been likened to an airport lounge. The library staff are more receptionists than library assistants. At least will still have a library, for which I am grateful.

constance Wed 01-Apr-15 22:53:03

My youngest daughter cycled off to Central Library today to do some revision, which pleased me!