Gransnet forums

Local

Controlled Parking Zones

(6 Posts)
constance Tue 10-Mar-15 08:41:09

Does anyone live in a resident's parking zone? They are talking about bringing one in here in BS3 and I am wondering how that is going to affect things for us. We have a car so will presumably get a permit, but I haven't got round to checking how much it will cost for visitors.
All the football and rugby fans won't be able to stop and park around here either on a match day!

Elegran Tue 10-Mar-15 13:12:36

DD lives just outside one of the proposed residents parking zones, so she is expecting to find it absolutely impossible to park outside her own house, as that will be the first port of call for those who can't get into the residents bit.

constance Tue 10-Mar-15 20:32:47

That doesn't sound so good. Have to say, I just assumed we are inside the proposed zone for southville. Am off to check the boundaries online!

constance Tue 10-Mar-15 20:41:41

Hmm. So it looks like £48 a year for one permit, that will be valid within that zone - so I can drive to the shops wink
Then, each household can apply for up to 100 visitors’ permits each year. The first 50 permits are free; the next 50 cost £1 each. And they can be swopped between cars if your visitors take it in turns to come.

I have a family party at Xmas which will take up 20 - 30 permits in one fell swoop!

sunseeker Wed 11-Mar-15 10:57:19

As I understand it even if you have a permit it does not guarantee you get a parking space. My sister in law has recently moved into an area with an RPZ and I can no longer just drop in if I am passing.

constance Tue 17-Mar-15 22:34:24

That's not good.

I just came home a bit late and had to park in Aldi car park as there was a football match on and no spaces near the house at all. My neighbour was very cross too - she pointed out the RPZ won't make any difference as it is only between 9-5. I'd assumed they were 24 hour things.