Gransnet forums

Local

Meet up tomorrow

(7 Posts)
Retrolady Wed 13-Jan-16 13:57:30

Hi Everyone,
Just happened upon this site having been on the main Gransnet site many times - probably more times than I should!
Is there still an active group in Somerset? I'm in Frome, but Bath or Radstock are my usual haunts.

Bit about me first: I'm 60 (ouch!), recently left work in a school in Bath, to focus on volunteering with the Alzheimer's Society in and around Bath; I like knitting, gardening, reading and walking when the weather gets better. I am seriously fed up with the dark, dull days of winter and wish I had waited till the brighter days to stop work.

Ooh, I forgot, I also dabble a bit in writing and have a site on Wordpress under the name Retroladyretires - mostly for my benefit, but I do get the occasional favourable comment from those in the real world. I also love music, Fairport Convention and folk music generally, and Leonard Cohen.

It would be good to hear from anyone if anyone is out there?

SueD Tue 15-Sep-15 13:07:44

Hi all - it's been ages since anyone posted anything! Millymolly - welcome to the group. Afraid we are not very active as Somerset is such a big county and we all have to travel for meet ups.i am Ilinster/ Taunton based. Where are you?

millymolly Thu 20-Aug-15 08:25:15

Hi I'm new to all this and wondered if there is a meet up arranged shortly?

SueD Sat 11-Apr-15 07:43:47

Thanks Dee. Hope we can make it in June!

Wallygrom Fri 10-Apr-15 19:55:54

hi Sue, Sandy isnt going tomorrow so I would suggest not worrying as no-one else has confirmed any interest - dont waste your time, its just not worth it unless you need to go to a garden centre for any other reason! Thanks for your interest however x

Wallygrom Fri 10-Apr-15 19:34:41

Sorry Sue, as you know I wont be there - dont blame you for wanting to know though - Sandy might be going though not sure.....and had no confirmation from anyone else tbh! x

SueD Fri 10-Apr-15 14:56:04

hi all - is anyone intending on going to the meet up tomorrow? Don't fancy being Billy No Mates so please reply if you are planning on going?

Many thanks - Sue D