Gransnet forums

Local

New Grandbaby!

(11 Posts)
constance Fri 17-Apr-15 09:07:37

Had to share - am going to Netherlands today for a few days to meet my third grandbaby, a little boy who arrived in the early hours of Wednesday morning. I am very excited!
smile
Luckily my Son can afford to pay my airfare, so Bristol Airport, here I come!

Parcs Fri 17-Apr-15 16:31:38

Such Good News, you have much to look forward to. Best wishes from me.

constance Mon 20-Apr-15 23:28:11

Thank you! He is very sweet. I now need to get my Son to set up his skype so I can keep up with how he is getting on, in between visits to the Netherlands.

The other Grandsons are nearly 6 now, and they are in London so I don't see them too often either - they tend to do all sorts of cheeky things to camera when I skype them grin

Finch Tue 21-Apr-15 12:02:07

Congratulations and have a lovely time.flowers

constance Tue 21-Apr-15 21:38:07

Thank you!
It was a flying visit - came home late sunday night but am so pleased I had the chance to do it and meet him at just 2 days old.

My son and his partner are sending me daily photos on an app called WhatsApp.

cazthebookworm Tue 21-Apr-15 22:28:01

I use Whatsapp to send and receive messages and photos from my son and grandchildren in Oz. , It's very good, instant and free.

sunseeker Fri 24-Apr-15 20:20:42

Just seen this constance, congratulations - so pleased you were able to meet him so soon. Hope there are lots of other visits.

constance Sun 26-Apr-15 21:36:48

Thanks
smile
Got sent a lovely picture today of him having a bath!

constance Wed 29-Apr-15 15:19:33

The lovely thing about daily updates is watching him 'unfurl'!

constance Mon 11-May-15 21:09:58

Saving up for next trip! And have decided to start learning Dutch...

constance Wed 24-Jun-15 15:06:29

Am off for a second visit tomorrow, this time for almost a week! Can't wait. Just got to work out if I can smuggle knitting needles on board the plane.