Gransnet forums

Local

New to this site

(12 Posts)
geminites Sun 24-May-15 17:04:54

I wonder why there are no recent local posts? I am just getting started on this site and would love to chat/and eventually meet up with women in a similar position as myself (or George Clooney if he's reading this). There must be hundreds of women in the Bromley Borough or surrounding areas so why not get in touch? I have many interests, love driving so getting around isnt a problem, weekends away, holidays? Who knows what opportunities are out there - always much better shared :-)

GG62 Sun 24-May-15 20:52:45

Hi Geminites!
I'm having the same problem in Ealing! I only joined yesterday but I'm keen to get going.Maybe it's because it's Bank Holiday weekend.I wish you luck
Best Wishes
GG62

geminites Wed 27-May-15 13:39:29

Hi GG62
Any luck? I don't think its the bank holiday. Bromley is a funny place - even if you check out whats on in the Borough there isnt much... and I refuse to join a knitting circle! :-)

What brings you here?
Gem

Rowantree Thu 18-Jun-15 23:12:44

Hi geminites.

Whereabouts do you live? I'm on the Shirley/West Wickham borders.
What are your interests? Obviously NOT knitting! ;)

geminites Fri 19-Jun-15 14:36:25

Hi Rowantree,

I'm in central Bromley so pretty close. I used to live in Shirley.

Have many interests like you a bit arty farty :-) love making silver jewellery painting too but thats a bit hit and miss at the moment but will have more time in the not too distant future. Son, partner and grandaughter living with me at the moment, shortly to move into their lovely house which my Son has spent the last year or so doing up.

Love just getting in the car a driving off and see where I end up. Not one for the gym, have bought a tennis recket but not quite ventured onto a court. Swimming, country walks etc.

You seem to have a varied taste in music, I like most with perhaps the exception of blues and currently into Caro Emerald because I just love that French tone to some of her stuff. Infact I love pretty much everything about France.

Oh and been foraging recently - well elderflowers to be precise as my son and I are going to have a go at Mary Berrys elderflower cordial :-) Do you like Hugh Fernley Whittinshall? I love "proper" food and "proper" cooking, not one for ready made meals :-)
Gem

SuperGran57 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:39:51

Hi Geminites -if you are still out there I just wanted to let you know the Bromley site is up and running again and we'd love to hear from you.

1Jodie Thu 09-Nov-17 14:58:06

Hi,
I have just joined the group this week and would be interested in hearing from anyone local and if there are any get togethers happening.
I am trying to find my way around the board and to find any recent posts, but there doesn't seem to be any local posts.

Libramo Sun 12-Nov-17 13:48:02

Hello IJodie
Welcome. I have been corresponding with another Gransnetter and we thought we’d contact a few people whom we know to be local. I will send you a PM later today. Meanwhile why not introduce yourself on the main forum and perhaps pop into soop’s kitchen? Join in with anything you fancy. There’s quite a lot going on.

I live in north Bromley btw.

Speak later.

B

Libramo Sun 12-Nov-17 13:50:13

By the way, whereabouts do you live IJodie? If you prefer, you can PM me.

Libramo (the B on my other post was a mistake)

Frustrated Tue 24-Jul-18 18:41:15

If there is any activity on this local forum, I hope someone will let me know!!!

Patsy70 Thu 16-Aug-18 21:50:15

I live in Pratts Bottom and am happy to meet up for a coffee and chat with other people on this site - Sevenoaks or Bromley, maybe? Or, if you are a keen gardener, I live close to Coolings in Knockholt. Please let me know if you're interested.

Frustrated Thu 16-Aug-18 22:48:29

Patsy70 I went for lunch at Coolings only a week ago! Am based in the Bromley area.