Gransnet forums

Local

Coffee & Cake

(3 Posts)
mrspeacock Thu 11-Jun-15 09:49:53

What a terrific idea! We need more community based coffee shops with a local interest.
Word has it that we MAY have a similar project opening in my area - lets wait and see.
If I have small people with me I head for The Cobb House near Martley
Lovely café ( nice cake) a small play area within the café , as well as one outside.. A good place for Sunday lunch with children and Grandchildren. Changing facilities, plenty of room outside for them to run about. Also various animals hens, etc inc two huge pigs!

weepam Tue 02-Jun-15 09:12:49

My favourite coffee shop is in my home village of alvechurch,worcs.it,s called the lounge Internet cafe and it,s situated in the square.it,s run by volunteers and once a month on a Monday they have fund raising afternoons like 'knit and natter' and my favourite event the skiffle afternoon at 2pm-4pm £5 a ticket goes to their youth projects and that buys you teas,coffees,sandwiches,cakes and a raffle plus skiffle music from "the 6-5 specials".the next one is on 8th June 2015.

mrspeacock Mon 25-May-15 08:59:14

Hi everyone first I am so sorry for missing 2 messages!
I am still getting to grips with our site, but never fear I will be in contact with you all shortly.
I think we have a great potential to be a vibrant, fun, busy, interesting group - there is SO much going on in our area !
Have you any favourite Coffee shops in the County? Let us all know on the site.