Gransnet forums

Local

Top tips for the summer hols

(2 Posts)
Grandma2213 Sat 25-Jul-15 01:09:37

Looking after DS's 3 children(3, 6 and 8 years) 4 days a week and bank holidays. (DS lives with me, after breakup with partner). I look after them solely for 2 days when DS works and I take them for walks locally, to play areas, to the library, picnics, supervise in the garden or out on street, bikes, scooters, football, general playing and inventing games for when wet. Goes without saying, cooking, feeding, washing clothes, cleaning up etc etc. The other 2 days with DS we may go swimming, local summer holiday activities for children, trips out eg to seaside, zoos etc.

We also have a full week when Mum goes abroad on holiday so are hoping to have some (cheap) days out!

Costs a fortune in food, treats and clothes that they do not have but I do not begrudge it. I am so lucky to be such a big part of their lives.

Two more grand daughters at weekends with other DS and partner join in the fun too fairly frequently. The cousins love to play with each other.

GrannyMilly Fri 24-Jul-15 07:14:30

What are you doing to help with the grandchildren this summer? And what's the cost to you?