Gransnet forums

Local

Meeting in Guildford

(17 Posts)
GUNan Sun 31-Jan-16 22:01:12

Hi,
Anyone within striking distance of Guildford want to meet up? Long time ahead but what about Friday 18th March about 11:00 for coffee and if we are still nattering it can turn into lunch! Top floor restaurant of House of Fraser?
Any takers??

Freemeupforfun Mon 01-Feb-16 08:36:51

If I m off work and not needed for baby sitting im interested thanks for the message .I've put the date in my diary..

GUNan Mon 01-Feb-16 10:32:56

Great..that's two of us!

coastwallker Sun 07-Feb-16 18:17:22

I can probably come too. Subject to grandchildren and mother not having any sort of crisis.

GUNan Mon 08-Feb-16 15:54:02

Good..we are growing!

Anyone else in striking distance of Guildford..you are welcome!

Finch Mon 08-Feb-16 21:47:14

I hope to come but it depends on work commitments. I only know two weeks in advance.

Bobulation Tue 09-Feb-16 12:17:13

Hi there,
I live nearby.
The date is in my diary, so I also hope to be there on the 18th.

LottieSweetpea Tue 09-Feb-16 16:15:02

Yes please!
Will try to make it

Rainbow2 Thu 25-Feb-16 21:49:26

Thank you for the invitation GUNan, I am within distance and hope to be there, could be fun!

GUNan Sat 12-Mar-16 18:02:47

Hi
Are you all still up for next Friday at House of Fraser (top floor) Tea Room at 11:00?? I will be there wearing an orange top! I make that 7 of us..but if mre want to come let me know and i will reserve a table!

Freemeupforfun Sat 12-Mar-16 23:54:54

Hi there I'm able to make 11so see you there I'm tall and,grey .Probably in jeans as I'm.working at 1330 looking forward to it .

Bobulation Mon 14-Mar-16 13:46:24

Hello All,
I'm so sorry, I won't be able to make the meeting after all. I'm truly disappointed, but I have to work that day?
Please do let me know when you are going to meet again and I would love to come along. It definitely sounds like it's going to be fun.
Have a great meeting and please do let me know the date of the next one.

coastwallker Wed 16-Mar-16 09:40:02

Apologies from me too I'm afraid. My son, who has been living back at home for a few months, has found somewhere to live with friends and is moving out on Friday. I will need to be help to help load etc. Ironically he is moving into Guildford!

Maybe next time and I am really sorry for the late call.

Finch Wed 16-Mar-16 10:14:40

Apologies from me too as explained on the main thread. (Greenfinch)

Rainbow2 Fri 18-Mar-16 18:23:37

Belated apologies, I have a bad sore throat and cold and couldn't inflict that on anyone - should have let you know this morning but was hoping to come until the last minute. Would love to know how it went and if there are any plans for another meet up. Hope you had a good chat!

GUNan Fri 18-Mar-16 18:50:19

Well two of us met up and enjoyed a two hour chat over coffee and cake! Amazed to find so many similarities in our life history.. both of us had parent from non UK background, both spent childhood in E Africa and attended boarding school! We both said we would like to meet again ..so lets look at diaries again after Easter and hope that more can join the chat next time.

Good to meet you Freemeupforfun grin

Freemeupforfun Mon 21-Mar-16 08:13:00

I really enjoyed our chat too .GUNan.smile