Gransnet forums

Local

Meet Up on 3rd May at The Red Lion, 11.30am

(19 Posts)
lucycakeface Sun 24-Apr-16 12:11:06

A meet up has been arranged for 3rd May at 11.30am at The Red Lion,
79 Bishopgate, Norwich NR1 4AA. There are all ready five of us booked in, but if
anybody else would like to join our merry band of Norfolk Gransnetter's, please could you confirm asap. I cant wait to see you all Ladies!
www.redlionnorwich.com/

downtoearth Thu 28-Apr-16 14:15:54

look forward to meeting you there LCFx

Pittcity Tue 03-May-16 10:04:03

I am on my way!

lucycakeface Tue 03-May-16 18:10:39

Well what a lovely day! I hope you all got home safely. It was so lovely to meet you all and I really enjoyed it. I had such a good laugh. Believe it or not I got lost going back and just managed to catch my bus by the skin of my teeth. When I tried to pay my fare the zip on my purse got stuck and the driver looked at me and said 'Are you having one of those days'? How did he guess? I am now going to soak my size 8 EEE feet in the bath. Cant wait to meet you all again. Hopefully I will have a new pair of feet by then. smile

Pittcity Tue 03-May-16 20:48:21

A very enjoyable lunch. I have caught the sun!
Trains were delayed going home so I had to have a coffee at the station. DH met me at the station and offered to buy fish and chips. He was surprised when I said no.smile

Pittcity Tue 03-May-16 20:49:25

PS. DH loved the toothbrush story!

downtoearth Tue 03-May-16 20:53:34

Didn't we have a lovely time,so relaxed and no uncomfortable moments,could have stayed there chatting for much longer..have tried up loading the picture but will have to somehow put on laptop as having trouble from my phone....hoping the next meet is soon and we will have a new friend to join us Mollie who is moving to Norfolk soon

NfkDumpling Tue 03-May-16 21:13:40

A lovely time! Thank you ladies! The prison next time!!?

lucycakeface Tue 03-May-16 21:23:13

m.facebook.com/Gransnet-Norfolk-1688359394721213/

I know it went so quickly didn't it? Definitely the Prison next time NfkDumpling. It's not often that you can tell everybody that you are going to spend the day at a prison is it? smile
I will try and bring my Mum next time too.
Have you both joined the Gransnet Norfolk Facebook page? It may be easier for you to put the picture on there downtoearth! I have put the link at the top of this posting. X

lucycakeface Tue 03-May-16 21:26:37

I've just been telling Hubby about the tooth brush story. He thought it was hilareous. Pittcity, I cant understand why you didn't want fish and chips! smile

downtoearth Wed 04-May-16 13:55:07

DUH confused photo is not going where I want it it too may have to text it to someone with a brain xx

lucycakeface Wed 04-May-16 14:21:53

Hi Downtoearth send me an email via the contact Ed button under my mug shot and I will send you my mobile number. Hope you are having a good day. I'm cream crackered! X

downtoearth Thu 05-May-16 08:14:30

Thanks LCF am a numpty xxgrin

downtoearth Thu 05-May-16 08:15:33

And guess who fell asleep and missed the Norwich prison programme I wanted to watch blush

lucycakeface Thu 05-May-16 08:38:24

Lol, my hubby does that all the time. If it's something he was really looking forward to and I'm doing my knitting, I prod him in the ear with my knitting needle and wake him up smile

Pittcity Thu 05-May-16 10:03:26

I watched it.
My main memory is of the weird headband one of the Mums was wearing hmm

downtoearth Thu 05-May-16 12:37:12

will probably pick it up on catch up or I player so all is not lost smile

Pittcity Fri 06-May-16 17:09:59

I also watched the Silk Road documentary that GMA recommended. Very interesting. I didn't know there were so many races and religions in China.

downtoearth Sat 07-May-16 08:53:27

I will catch up with that also it sounded fascinating.....I believe China has the largest population sure I read that somewhere x