Gransnet forums

Local

Good Bye British Home Stores

(6 Posts)
lucycakeface Mon 25-Apr-16 12:18:02

So we see the demise of yet another high street store that has been around for many years. What are your thoughts on this? Is it still one of your favourite shops or do you think the quality of the goods have been its down fall?

Jenty61 Tue 26-Apr-16 08:35:08

I had just ordered some bedding and kids clothes on line from bhs when I heard the news and was really worried I wouldnt get my order but thankfully it turned up...

I will miss bhs as Ive always bought their bedding...

Pippa000 Tue 26-Apr-16 09:12:30

They did do wonderful hats, and, at the shop in Birmingham New Street, in the 60's they also had a food hall that did angel cake by the slab!!!

Maggiemazed Wed 27-Apr-16 05:53:50

In the 60s when I was a young working girl, I used to have lunch at BHS with a group of friends.

It was a real treat. I will be sorry to see it go not to mention the loss of jobs and the worries that will bring with it.

Daisyanswerdo Wed 27-Apr-16 13:01:26

I seem to remember BHS years ago being really good for cheese and lampshades! Is this barmy, or was that fact?

lucycakeface Thu 28-Apr-16 14:07:46

Wow Daisyanswerdo, I don't remember that, but its highly likely. I have read a few memories of cheese counters within their stores on the net!