Gransnet forums

Local

Meet up in Bungay/ Beccles

(42 Posts)
lucycakeface Wed 04-May-16 20:00:05

Is there anybody in the Bungay/ Beccles area who would like to meet up for a coffee?

BlueBelle Thu 30-Mar-17 18:17:16

Beccles is good for me as I don't have a car and can get there on the bus or train
Yes can't be helped life has ways of popping something up when not expected
let us know when the next one is, even though I didn't make today, Thursday is still normally a good day for me

seacliff Thu 30-Mar-17 16:53:39

It was really good. Just 4 of us, but we all had a good old chat, and agreed we want to do it again before too long. Beccles seems to be a good mid way point, as several of us are about half hours drive from there.Next time there was talk of booking a table at a place some recommend, and we'll have a bit longer then. Watch this space!

Hope you are all sorted now, annoying when plans get messed up.

BlueBelle Thu 30-Mar-17 16:46:14

How did it go? So sorry to have missed it hope I can make the next one

seacliff Thu 30-Mar-17 15:20:00

Sorry you couldn't make this one Bluebelle, hopefully next time.

BlueBelle Thu 30-Mar-17 04:56:49

It's going to be hit or miss if I can make it today why do things always crop up on a day you ve planned something .....if I m not there by 11 30 have a lovely time and let me know when the next one is

lucycakeface Thu 16-Mar-17 19:38:14

Hi Thebeeb, hope you will be able to make it.

Thebeeb Wed 15-Mar-17 12:56:15

Keeping an eye on this. Actually live Cambridge area (no meet ups here) but have relatives in beccles area so could combine the two. Will watch this space and see if anything fits,

BlueBelle Wed 15-Mar-17 05:56:08

I ve not been there before either Seacliff All new territory fingers crossed nothing gets in the way

Moonshadow Tue 14-Mar-17 14:46:25

Seacliff that's a great idea. Thank you!

lonniefrances Mon 13-Mar-17 07:46:06

Looking good for me at moment barring any medical emergencies with dh!

seacliff Sun 12-Mar-17 17:04:51

The foyer is a great idea (I've not been there before). Look forward to meeting you all.

lucycakeface Sun 12-Mar-17 14:10:43

Oops sorry ladies didn't see all the posts. Meeting in the foyer is a brilliant idea as there is a little seating area there. Cant wait!

lucycakeface Sun 12-Mar-17 14:07:14

Oh that's brilliant BlueBell, what about the rest of the Ladies?

Eggybread72 Thu 09-Mar-17 21:55:07

Yes that's ok with me, 30th March . Looking forward to meeting you all.
Let's hope it's not raining! I guess we could hover in the foyer if it is.

seacliff Thu 09-Mar-17 17:34:19

Yes ok with me, 30th March at 11 30am outside Kings Head. Looking forward to seeing those who can make it. Will assume any other lady staring at all strangers is also a Gransnetter!

I live near Saxmundham and one other person lives nr Lowestoft, so perhaps another time we can meet with you midway at Southwold Moonshadow? (if you can't make it this time)

lucycakeface Thu 09-Mar-17 16:50:39

Great shall we set it at 11.30am outside the Kings Head on 30th? For the Ladies who have mentioned that it's difficult to meet at the moment, we can always meet up again to include them, that would be lovely.
What does everybody think?

BlueBelle Thu 09-Mar-17 15:48:29

At the moment 30th looks ok for me too x

lucycakeface Thu 09-Mar-17 14:20:02

Sorry Seacliff, I reckon a meet up at around 11.30 at the latest as The Kings Head does indeed get very busy. Also 23rd would be ok for me as well as 30th, but would prefer 30th!

lucycakeface Thu 09-Mar-17 13:29:00

30th would be brilliant for me Ladies! Shall we fix it?

Moonshadow Thu 09-Mar-17 09:36:07

Ooh hello! I would love to come but struggle with alternative care for my daughter BUT the last week of March my husband is on annual leave so it might be possible. I'm not 100% reliable as it depends on how well my daughter is as to whether I feel I can leave her. But I also have some NHS respite help which means I can sometimes come out for a couple of hours on a Monday or a Friday and potentially a Tuesday . That would mean it if it could be a bit closer to me I can have a decent time for a chat and cuppa (we are on edge of southwold ).

seacliff Thu 09-Mar-17 07:38:58

So sorry Eggybread ...missed you out (and I love eggy bread!!)

seacliff Thu 09-Mar-17 07:36:08

Thanks Quince, that's kind of you. I for one am up for a second meeting later on a better day for you.

Let's try and set a date now. How about Thursday 16th (next week) or 23rd or 30th?

So far we have Lucycakeface, Moonshadow, Bluebelle and Lonniefrancis ... it would be great to get as many as possible together. If anyone else is in the area you'd be very welcome too.

Is the Kings Head Beccles ok for you all? What time do you prefer? I've been told it gets busy around 12, so possibly we could do a bit earlier or later to easily bag a table as I don't think you can book? . I am happy whatever.Hope to hear from you all. Barb

Quincejam Wed 08-Mar-17 18:50:24

Don't worry it's hard to suit everyone. Maybe I could come to next meetup.Can make Thursdays during the school holidays.

seacliff Tue 07-Mar-17 22:43:40

Seems there is not one day that suits all, I was thinking Thursday seemed best, apart from quincejam? Are you ever free then quince? How about next week, is that too soon? Beccles wetherspoons seems a good venue? Would be great to finally manage a get together!

Quincejam Tue 07-Mar-17 20:20:42

Friday is best day for me as I have Grandma duties on Mondays and Thursdays !!