Gransnet forums

Local

My old Bridesmaid Pal

(5 Posts)
lucycakeface Fri 20-May-16 15:34:37

Well its official I am off to a party with a lady, who together with myself was one of my Auntie's bridesmaids 52 years ago! It's the first time I have met her since we were bridesmaids and it will be on her 60th birthday and I cant wait to meet her. Sadly my Auntie passed away a few weeks ago, so we hope to raise a glass to her as well. Where do the years go? shock

tiredoldwoman Sat 21-May-16 08:02:52

I don't know where the years have gone either , lucycakeface ! I'm 60 in October and can't believe it either . I hope you have fun meeting your fellow bridesmaid , a then and now photo would be great !

lucycakeface Thu 26-May-16 18:00:30

Hello tiredoldwoman (I am sure you are not)!These are the before and years later photos. Thats me right front, now 56 (the smallest) and Eunice, who was celebrating her 60th birthday is on the left front. My Auntie who is in between us, on the new photo (now 64)is the Bridesmaid behind Eunice on the left.
We had such a fantastic night. We have had so many funerals just lately, that we really let our hair down for this celebration.
Are you going to have a party? I think you should celebrate it tiredoldwoman, you are only 60 once and Eunice certainly had the stamina for celebrating!

tiredoldwoman Tue 31-May-16 17:47:10

What a super photo of you all , thanks for putting it up . Yes, I'm celebrating ( and doing the bucket list) , my sisters and I are going to Krakow !

lucycakeface Tue 31-May-16 20:00:55

Wow, well done you. I hope you all have a wonderful time!