Gransnet forums

Local

Just joined

(5 Posts)
MummyT Mon 11-Jul-16 19:10:45

Hello All. I have just joined and wonder if there are members in the Hertford Area. Newly retired and the feeling of 'no purpose' has kicked in so need to find groups in my local area. A book club would be lovely, walking, floristry, social. Only moved to this area recently so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

starbird Tue 12-Jul-16 01:13:17

There is probably a U3A near you that will answer all your needs. Google U3A and put in your postcode to find your nearest branch.

MummyT Tue 12-Jul-16 10:14:50

Many thanks Starbird I will give that a try.

carerof123 Tue 12-Jul-16 11:46:11

Welcome to the Gransnet. If i were you i would look out the local green lawn bowling clubs. It is a great way to meet new people, keep fit and have fun.

MummyT Wed 13-Jul-16 09:54:24

Thank you for your input. Have been very busy researching since my original post. Have joined a local gym. U3A is fantastic place to start and whilst catching up with a friend I had not seen in ages found a very local book club who do not advertise in the conventional way but word of mouth only. I am sure once I meet local ladies there I will learn much more about what is available. Also looking into voluntary work options. Feeling optimistic.