Gransnet forums

Local

Walking Netball

(9 Posts)
Pittcity Mon 21-Nov-16 16:36:18

A group of local ladies have begun playing the game of Walking Netball for the fun, laughter and camaraderie the social session brings, as much as the health benefits on offer. It can give those who feel isolated an outlet, provide an activity for those who don’t deem themselves fit enough to run anymore and offer a stepping stone for those looking for a pathway back into netball.

We play at the University of Essex sports hall every Monday from noon until one and then relax with a cuppa afterwards. It costs £3 to play, the cuppa is free. There is a car park that costs £2.40 or the bus stop is right at the entrance.

We'd love more ladies to join us.

Pittcity Tue 13-Dec-16 12:00:24

The next Walking Netball session is on Monday 16th January at noon. Hope to see you there.

Pittcity Mon 16-Jan-17 15:16:18

From Monday 23rd January Walking Netball will be starting at the earlier time of 11am with tea and biscuits at noon.

Pittcity Fri 24-Mar-17 16:10:31

We would love more people to join us for this fun game.
Simply come to the sports centre reception, pay £3 and they will direct you to us. We are playing on the covered outside court (bubble dome) now. Every Monday 11am.

Pittcity Thu 27-Apr-17 16:56:04

Walking Netball is now outside for the Summer (ha ha!!)
We have a coach on Mondays and refreshments afterwards.
There is now an extra practise session on Thursdays at 11am too!
Keep an eye on our Facebook Page for any changes etc.

Pittcity Wed 29-Nov-17 19:10:24

Walking Netball is continuing on Mondays at 11am. Your £3 now includes parking (just give your registration in at reception) We are playing indoors.
A new sports centre is opening at the end of January and there will be a "have a go session" ....watch this space for more details.

Pittcity Mon 22-Jan-18 19:12:54

If you are interested in finding out more about Walking Football and Walking Netball, there will be demonstrations and a chance to join in on Saturday 27th January at 10am at the opening of the new Sports Centre at the University of Essex.
Free parking and it's free to join in.

Pittcity Sun 02-Sep-18 11:37:56

Walking Netball starts up again at the University of Essex on Monday 10th September at 11am. Come along and give it a go...all ages and abilities welcome.
There are Walking Netball sessions all over Essex and hopefully there will be more added soon if this one doesn't suit you.
PM me if you have questions.

Fennel Sun 02-Sep-18 12:20:16

I wish!
I used to be good at netball, right up to my student years when I was secretary for our team.
But now, I couldn't lift the ball up high enough to throw it sad