Gransnet forums

Local

The 4 present rule

(5 Posts)
Collearn Thu 08-Dec-16 13:53:11

I asked the kids I childmind last night what they thought of it. You should have seen the shock on their faces! grin. You're right Mumsy, it probably won't catch on.

Collearn Thu 08-Dec-16 13:51:58

Oh dear rubylady. That sounds a bit like our house. Maybe it's just a problem with having a big family smile

rubylady Thu 08-Dec-16 13:27:54

I think in your own home then any amount of presents which are appropriate but in anyone else's home, then one present. If it's the DGC then one bigger present than multiple ones. Like you say, Collearn, they just get bored opening them all anyway. My DGC opened theirs and cards and threw them on the floor and walked on them. hmm

Mumsy Thu 08-Dec-16 08:14:25

I think its a very good idea but dont think it will catch on.

Collearn Wed 07-Dec-16 13:12:35

Just heard about the 4 Christmas present suggestion on the news: something they want, something to wear, something they need, something to read. Think it's a great idea. My DGCs get far too much. There are seven of them and last year's rip, glance, chuck fest irritated a few of us. I've cut down on what I'm buying them this year, partly because the whole Christmas thing's out of control and partly because I can't afford the things they want anyway.
What does everybody else think?