Gransnet forums

Local

Meetup

(8 Posts)
Brenda1958 Wed 14-Jun-17 21:13:58

Thanks Greyduster l have fingers and toes crossed! Where are you all thinking of meeting? Would love to meet other grans in the area x

kittylester Wed 14-Jun-17 10:51:16

Maybe we could combine the Derby meet up with the East Midlands one. Teetime suggested September 26th I think which is fine by me.

Greyduster Wed 14-Jun-17 10:17:52

Sure it'll all be fine, Brenda! Not surprised you are excited - I remember the feeling and it's ten years ago!

Brenda1958 Tue 13-Jun-17 21:31:28

Hi any soon to be new grandmas in derby out there? My first grandchild is due November and I am more than excited! What worries me is my terrible childbirth history - 2 9lb breech babies, caesareans, pelvic girdle syndrome and major postpartum haemorrhage! Hope and pray it's not inherited xx

Greyduster Tue 17-Jan-17 09:41:05

I'll watch this thread to see what you come up with. If it's within striking distance, I would try and get there ?.

Teetime Mon 16-Jan-17 11:54:11

I could come! I'm the local editor for Leicestershire and live in Melton Mowbray but happy to have a day out to Derby.

kittylester Mon 16-Jan-17 10:54:36

Hi, I live in North Leicestershire not Derbyshire - are there many GN members who do live in Derbyshire?

I was born in Derby and do the school run in Derby once a week for my eldest daughter. I would probably be able to come to a meet up and there are other GNs (not necessarily in Derbyshire) who might be happy to travel. Posting on the main site might get more takers. Or, talk to the Leicestershire Editor.

jayd33 Sun 15-Jan-17 15:59:15

hello Everyone

I am eager to organise some Gransnet meetups for 2017.

Aware that Derbyshire covers a vast area, I will endeavour to organise at least one in each of the cardinal points around Derbyshire and a central point to give most people an opportunity of attending.

Look forward to hearing from you all about your views.

Derbyshire’s Local Editor