Gransnet forums

Local

Welcome to Bromley Gransnet Local

(15 Posts)
Elegran Tue 24-Jul-18 19:00:30

You will do better on the main site, Frustrated. ALL the local posts appear on the main site without any subheadings to say which locality. There have been changes in the admin and display of the local sites since the dates on most of the posts on them, and there is far less traffic on them than there used to be, except for a few local sites with very active voluntary editors.

If you start a thread on www.gransnet.com/forums/meet_ups_where_are_you asking who is interested in a meetup and make sure that "Bromley" is in the title, more people will see it and realise where you are than if you post on Bromley Local.

Frustrated Tue 24-Jul-18 18:30:33

Libramo Only just seen your posting(!) as I rarely visit the Bromley forum mainly because there never seems to be any activity! I do post on the general forum from time to time but under a different name as I wanted to keep my anonymity as far as possible!!!
I have had a personal message from Bellanonna who along with another lady is trying to organise a local 'meet up' in the Bromley area.

Libramo Mon 04-Sep-17 23:13:58

It seems to have gone quiet, Frustrated. Could SuperGran let us know if there are any meetings planned?
Have you posted on the general forum, Frustrated? There are lots of good threads on there, including one where you can introduce yourself. In any case, welcome!
Selborne, do you know if SuoerGran is still editing for our area? It's possible she has commitments and is unable to carry on with the role. I thought you might know, if you did the Bluewater trip?

Frustrated Mon 14-Aug-17 15:46:11

I have recently joined Gransnet and now decided to look at my local area. However there don't seem to be any recent forums. Are there many people taking part in the local area?

Selborne Fri 17-Mar-17 16:57:54

Sorry, yes, same time and place. See you then, SuperGran57

SuperGran57 Thu 16-Mar-17 23:08:03

Fabulous - I will put it in my diary. Same time and place? Can't wait to meet you all. smile

Selborne Thu 16-Mar-17 22:37:13

Hello again. Eight of us gathered at Bluewater today and really enjoyed our coffee and chat. We plan to meet again on Thursday 4th May if you can make it.

SuperGran57 Thu 16-Mar-17 12:19:04

Hi all. Many apologies for my recent absence. I've had extra childcare duties and a couple of trips away and time has flown.

I'm really disappointed I've been unable to join the Bluewater massive today. I hope the turnout was good and that you had fun. Please feedback here as I would love to hear about it and arrange or join another very soon.

Kind regards

Libramo Sun 12-Mar-17 08:54:54

So sorry, I have grandchild commitments on the 16 th and would have to leave almost as soon as I arrived. I hope you enjoy your meeting. How many are going after all?

Rowantree Mon 27-Feb-17 12:04:35

Hi again! Just a small correction: officially I live in Shirley which is just over the border to West Wickham, but I am close to Beckenham. I don't drive far so meeting at Bluewater wouldn't be possible for me, sadly - would take ages by public transport.
How many of us are there on here? Not many, it would seem!

Good to meet selborne and Libramo :-D

SuperGran57 Sun 26-Feb-17 22:42:08

Welcome Selborne and Librano - yay now I don't feel so lonely smile. Please encourage Rowantree to join us and publicise to all your friends. I've just got back from hols so apologies for slow start. I hope to be able to join you on 16th, childcare etc. permitting.

Selborne Sat 25-Feb-17 15:58:21

Hello Libramo. Hope your commitments allow you to get to Bluewater on 16th.
I'm going to use Bromley as my local as Bexley doesn't seem to have an editor at the moment. I'm too new to this to volunteer myself just yet. I hope that's ok with everybody.

Libramo Thu 16-Feb-17 18:49:19

Oh, I didn't know we had an editor. Welcome, SuperGran ! There don't appear to be many of us in SE London going by the various threads. Hello Selborne, not too far away either. I hope a few more will join the local site. I know Rowantree lives in Bromley and have seen her name on here. I note the Bluewater meet up. If I can, I will, but I have to be a bit flexible to accommodate husband's health issues. I will put it in the diary and perhaps confirm nearer the time? I go by a different name on the main forum btw!

Selborne Wed 15-Feb-17 21:49:18

Hello SuoerGran57, I've found you! I live in Bexley so I'm the same side of the river as you are. Looking forward to seeing you on 16th.

SuperGran57 Sun 29-Jan-17 00:18:24

Hello, I am the new Local Editor for Bromley Gransnet Local (as of January 2017). I'm new to Gransnet myself and am keen to meet other Gransnetters interested in a possible meet up in future.

Please reply if you are out there and interested to participate in the forums. Also, take a look at the listings on the main Local pages and feel free to add your own.

I hope to hear from you soon smile