Gransnet forums

Local

Age UK Harrow Services

(1 Post)
MandyAgeukharrow1 Fri 03-Feb-17 12:16:05

Hello everyone, my name is Mandy and i thought i'd reach out to you as i work for Age UK Harrow, which is a registered charity that supports older people in and around Harrow with a range of services. These services include (but are not limited to) ‘Befriending’ to help reduce isolation for older people who are housebound, ‘Home Not Hospital’ to better support those who have come out of hospital to be more confident and independent at home as well as providing an ‘Information & Advice’ service for older people, their families and Carers.

What's more exciting is that we are also reaching out to residents of Harrow aged 50 years and over who are eligible to benefit from a new project we are involved in called Volunteer For Change. This scheme encourages older people in Harrow to become involved in volunteering to help promote your social, mental and physical well being. It is an opportunity for you to achieve what you believe would help you, whether that’s meeting new people in the wider community, learning new skills, improving your English or just having new rewarding ways to spend your time.

Whatever your aspirations may be, we will support you to achieve these by carefully matching you to a specific role that will ensure your goals are reached through volunteering. You will also have regular one to one support, not only from the Volunteer Officer but also a Buddy! Opportunities to volunteer are not only provided by Age UK Harrow but also by a number of partnership charities within Harrow to better suit your specific needs and what you would like to get involved with.

If you believe that you or a friend could benefit from Volunteer For Change, then please get in touch. It would be lovely to come out to one of your regular meets to talk about it in more detail. Alternatively you can contact me on 020 8861 7995 or email me at [email protected].

I hope to hear from some of you! smile