Gransnet forums

Local

Win a hardback copy of Rachel Hore's latest book, The House on Bellevue Gardens!

(136 Posts)
GrannyPatchwork Fri 03-Mar-17 20:41:49

Rachel Hore is a Richard and Judy Book Club author whose latest book tells the story of the lives of different characters in the present and the recent past.

To win a copy of Rachel's book The House on Bellevue Gardens, tell us what kind of fiction you usually read - is it contemporary, historical, futuristic, stories about time travel? If you'd like to recommend a book to other gransnetters, that's good too!

Competition closes Friday 17th March. Winner announced here on Saturday 18th.

jackier333 Fri 17-Mar-17 18:44:50

I usually read non-fiction travel literature!

shirlz51 Fri 17-Mar-17 20:06:26

Love historical fiction.

maur33nc Fri 17-Mar-17 21:46:37

I mostly like to read historical fiction but for a change I read a good crime thriller - something with a good story line.

avery64 Fri 17-Mar-17 23:14:31

I have had a lifelong passion for books. I don't favour any particular genre and if I look at the books I have read in the last year it has ranged from rereading some Classics to chick lit. An eclectic mix. I don't go out of my way to read Sci-Fi yet I was totally enthralled by SevenEves. Family sagas and historical novels are a must but what I read is often dependent on my mood as is whether it is an ebook or the real thing (can't beat the feel and smell of that) A good book to me is one that I can't wait to finish to discover the ending, yet know I will be tinged with sadness when it does because it has held me captive. I have just finished Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave which met my criteria and would certainly recommend to other Gransnetters smile

Radley Fri 17-Mar-17 23:19:56

contemporary fiction but I'm also up for a good murder

GrannyPatchwork Sat 18-Mar-17 15:17:04

And the winner of the Rachel Hore book is ..........

?✨??⚡️?☀️????????

Angie95
????

Congratulations! Gransnet HQ will be posting ??? your prize out very soon! Let us know what you thought about it!

SuzC Sat 18-Mar-17 15:58:53

Contemporary mainly - mostly it has to be a story that makes me 'feel', there has to be a connection there and emotion for me.

Misha14 Sun 19-Mar-17 09:08:59

I read every and any genre, including non-fiction. I've just finished re-reading Anna of the Five Towns by Arnold Bennett as my reading group book and am yet again amazed by the fact that he is not regarded as one of our best novelists.

fmonson Mon 20-Mar-17 20:44:41

I enjoy almost any style!

dahlia08 Tue 21-Mar-17 16:33:05

I like to to crime novels, mysteries, law and even some romance.