Gransnet forums

Local

Win a pair of tickets and be the first to see THEIR FINEST at Cineworld Braintree or Cineworld Basildon on April 10th.

(20 Posts)
Pittcity Mon 27-Mar-17 15:14:49

1940, London, the Blitz; with the country’s morale at stake, Catrin (Gemma Arterton), an untried screenwriter, and a makeshift cast and crew, work under fire to make a film to lift the nation’s flagging spirits and inspire America to join the war.

Partnered alongside fellow screenwriter, Buckley (Sam Claflin) and eccentric actor Ambrose Hilliard (Bill Nighy), the trio set off to make a film that will warm the hearts of the nation and capture the imagination of the American population.

Their Finest, based on Lissa Evans’ novel ‘Their Finest Hour and a Half’, is a witty, romantic and moving portrayal of a young woman finding her way, and her voice, in the mayhem of war… and the movies!

Take a look at the trailer here.

Their Finest is released on 21 April, but you can see it first and for free on 10 April. Screenings will be at Cineworld Braintree and Cineworld Basildon at 6:30pm. Doors open at 6pm.

We have 20 tickets for Basildon and 18 tickets for Braintree to give away.

Winners will need to register on an external website, enter the code (this will be sent directly to you) and print their tickets.

To get your hands on a pair of tickets, tell us why you would like to see this film and which cinema you would prefer.

Competition closes Friday 7th April.

Tickets are subject to availability. You may claim up to two tickets. You must print out your ticket. No photocopies will be accepted. The tickets are not for resale. No cash alternative. No late admittance. The cinema reserves the right to refuse admission. In the event of a dispute the cinema manager’s decision is final. For full terms and conditions visit showfilmfirst.com.

© BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION / THEIR FINEST LIMITED 2016 © 2017 LIONS GATE ENTERTAINMENT INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

kaydeed Tue 28-Mar-17 17:32:18

I love a bit of nostalgia. If I was lucky enough to win I would like Basildon please

Bengo2005 Thu 30-Mar-17 00:32:52

There are two good reasons I want to see this film, Bill Nighy & Gemma Arterton.
If lucky, could I please have tickets for Braintree?

Tinalou54 Fri 31-Mar-17 10:08:30

Anything will Bill Nighy and Gemma Atherton in it has got to be good; if lucky I would like the Basildon tickets.

willow5 Fri 31-Mar-17 10:15:00

My mother was living in London during the war, it would be lovely to see what the film makes of the social history of that time, and the film itself , from the trailer, seems very interesting
If lucky, I would like to see the film in Braintree

Raine Fri 31-Mar-17 10:17:47

I would love a pair of tickets in Basildon please. Sounds a brill film , I will keep my fingers crossed that I'm chosen . If not I will def go & see it on the 21st

jeapurs54 Fri 31-Mar-17 12:13:18

This would certainly be a treat for me, I have not been to the Cinema for years, and this film certainly looks like a film that would be well worth a visit. I can look forward to a treat of popcorn if I am lucky as well.

Anna57 Fri 31-Mar-17 14:03:52

Looks like the sort of film both my husband and I would enjoy together for a change - WW11 historic interest for him and Women's empowerment for me! Tickets for Basildon please.

millymouge Fri 31-Mar-17 22:07:13

Would love tickets for Braintree please, do like Bill Nighy. Feel that he is an actor that has come on so much since he has got older. And would be interested as the film is about WW2.

jmo Fri 31-Mar-17 23:08:58

I saw the trailer of this film at the cinema and Bill Nighy looks set to give his usual splendid performance.
If I am lucky, I would like Basildon tickets please.

Granpammy Sat 01-Apr-17 09:31:45

Like the look of the trailer and anything with Bill Nighy has got to be good. Two tickets for Braintree would be lovely.

noahsark Sat 01-Apr-17 21:11:53

With Gemma Arterton & The very funny Bill Nighy it has to be a great film night, New Cineworld in the Harvey Centre, Harlow with a bag of popcorn sounds good to me

jessfisher Sun 02-Apr-17 12:41:49

My mum grow up in the war and in the London area, I would love to take her to see the film in Basildon please

boatsailfish1 Sun 02-Apr-17 20:50:50

I've just read a fantastic trilogy about the war by Lesley Pearse.
I would love to see this film at Cineworld Braintree, as it's certainly 'Their Finest' cinema! smile

Sunshine12 Wed 05-Apr-17 14:41:21

I would love to see this interesting film and like Bill Nighy

Dodo123 Wed 05-Apr-17 21:17:04

Would love to see this film. Its just the sort film I like to watch. Great line up. Basildon would be great please.

Sue56 Thu 06-Apr-17 11:01:29

Would love to go to the Braintree showing of this and so would my Mum what a treat it would be

Pittcity Fri 07-Apr-17 08:45:54

It's not too late to enter!

Pittcity Fri 07-Apr-17 19:09:52

There are still a few tickets left to claim. Let us know if you can come and we can send you details right up to Monday at noon.

Pittcity Tue 11-Apr-17 16:55:26

I have started another thread here for you to give us your review of the film.