Gransnet forums

Local

Did you all have a good Easter?

(4 Posts)
EnglishRose Mon 17-Apr-17 23:01:03

Hoping everyone here had an Easter they were hoping for flowers

The weather was pretty poor. It stopped us from taking our granddaughters around a Maze and having a picnic hmm but I guess that is English weather for you! SO nice he weekend before.

Why is it we can almost absolutely rely on bad weather when there is a public holiday of any kind confused

We had a good time and a great sleep over and then two days off which we needed as one child is only 5 and very active and really hates going to bed shock so we were quite exhausted the next day.

Have a good week everyone wine

omipips Tue 18-Apr-17 09:11:13

Good morning EnglishRose I had a very quiet Easter thank you, my DGC are over 400 miles away so we didnt see them. Weather here in S.W Scotland was a bit on the cold side and the wind was bitter.
Maybe you can do the maze when the weather is better. Glad you enjoyed the rest.brew&cupcake

EnglishRose Tue 18-Apr-17 19:39:30

Hi Omipips,

A good few degrees colder than us down here I expect shock

I love that part of Scotland. I'll never forget a beautiful wedding there in 2000. Seems a lifetime ago. The couple now have 3 gorgeous sons and now live on a ramshackle farm they are slowly renovating close to Edinburgh.

We had a perfect weekend of sunshine and warmth and the only bug grin bear was the midges !!! They came out for the dancing!

400 miles is quite a journey to see your DGC's. sad I do hope you all meet up soon.

XX

callgirl1 Wed 19-Apr-17 21:21:27

Omipips, I was in your part of the world for Easter! I travelled up with 4 of my children, 2 of their partners, and 4 of my grandchildren, to Muasdale on the Kintyre peninsula, in order to scatter my husband`s ashes in his favourite place on this earth. We travelled up on Good Friday, a horrendously long journey because of a crashed lorry at Loch Lomond, then we came home on Sunday. Still a long journey, but shorter than Friday. 442 miles to be exact, a lot of driving in 2 days!