Gransnet forums

Local

Learning Something New

(4 Posts)
marionsview Thu 11-May-17 08:08:23

I'm a great believer in the old saying "learn something new every day", whether it be a major project or just the origin of a word or some other little tid bit of information,it is important to keep the mind active as we get older. Please join me in adding just one little thing you have learnt today and perhaps it will be new to the rest of us as well.
Today I was reading my gardening book and found I should not be pulling up my broad bean plants when they are over but cutting them back to allow the roots to rot as it fixes nitrates into the soil.

HeyHo Thu 18-May-17 07:19:46

just over the border

Anyone out there needing a bit of help with their FAMILY HISTORY?

I have recently had to close my High Street genealogy business so that I can stay at home as a carer for my partner who has dementia.

I miss very much the interaction I had with people when I had my shop. If anyone just needs a bit of help with their family history or to change ideas or views, I would welcome an email - no charges involved obviously. email [email protected]

I hope to hear from you, and thank you

marionsview Mon 22-May-17 09:11:03

Hello and welcome Mary,I know how tough that can be. Gransnet is a good place for you to keep in touch with the world.
Can you not set up an online business you can do from home, or is it because you can't dedicate enough time to it?
If you are sticking to a free service, why not set up a geneology thread in the forums.

rootintootin Tue 08-Aug-17 18:58:41

Fancy learing a brass instrument. Contact your local brass band and see if there is a training band you can join. At 55 I did this and last year I passed my first and only music exam at grade 5 and play in my local band. Its never too late to learn