Gransnet forums

Local

Where to meet and what time.

(10 Posts)
EnglishRose Sat 13-May-17 17:47:12

Everyone who knows Lincoln understands the massive car parking problem we have lately.hmm

Te old bus station has been ripped down and hence the hundreds of car parking spaces above the Co-Op have now gone creating a very difficult time to try and park anywhere in Lincoln.confused

Uphill by the Castle and Cathedral are not much better but there are quite a few options available. However as it's a weekend, it will be crowded.

There is a large car park by the Odeon cinema, on the Brayford pool and lots of restaurants and cafes there too. Parking is around £2 per hour shock. (So expensive here in Lincoln)!

Parking really depends on how many people are going to the cinema that day and Saturday is usually busy.

On the periphery of the city there are other options with good parking facilities and somewhere nice to meet up and chat.

I'll be posting some of these options shortly, meanwhile if you do have any ideas about this, please do come in and let us know your thoughts flowers X

EnglishRose Mon 22-May-17 23:23:48

I'm so sorry I haven't been on here for a wee while, sadly I've had a bout of ill health and it has held me back.

But, I saw my GP today and hopefully I'm on the mend so I'll come back to the subject in hand as soon as possible. XXX

callgirl1 Thu 25-May-17 17:25:49

Hope you`re soon well again.

EnglishRose Sun 28-May-17 19:36:40

Thanks callgirl1. I have Tendinitis in my left foot, makes it hard to walk and quite painful. I have some strong anti inflammatory gel and this has helped. Getting around a bit better now.

I'll get my head around venues this coming week smile

Hope everyone else is enjoying the sunshine X

Nandalot Mon 29-May-17 21:52:33

Hope you feel better soon. Sounds very painful.

EnglishRose Thu 01-Jun-17 13:19:48

Much better thanks smile

Time to sort out those locations, so thinking cap is on!

The first one is Uphill, near the Castle and Cathedral.

Meeting at a weekend means very limited and expensive parking in this location, or a long walk! I'm used to this as on Sunday's we generally work in the cathedral on the information desk. Parking is only possible close by in winter sad

Parking is now appalling in town too as they have closed the co-op car park hence about 300 spaces less.

So what I am thinking of is a venue outside the city, for example, Pennells Garden centre which has a cafe brew and lots of shops! This is South of Lincoln.

In the North there is Dunelm, also with a cafe and lots of homewear. This is in the Carlton Centre where there is also a cafe/restaurant, very smart and not too pricey, it used to be called Alexanders, but is now changed and I cannot remember the name!

I'll put some more suggestions up later this week, meanwhile if any of you lovely ladies have any suggestions yourselves please do put them up here! XXX

Lynker Fri 02-Jun-17 13:43:37

Greetings from the Algarve! Carlton Centre would be convenient for me, but equally I could get a bus into the centre if needs be. Hope you are all enjoying some sunshine!

EnglishRose Fri 02-Jun-17 19:31:18

Hi Lynker sunshine

Love the Algarve, especially in June, not TOO hot! Do hope you're having a lovely time.

Carlton Centre is one ticked then.

The other of course is the Brayford Pool with an absolute plethora of cafes and restaurants! It means parking with at the Council cap parks or, at the multi storey car park.

I always have to go to the top somehow!!! But better that then no parking space.

Enjoy and yes we have had some lovely sunshine, my garden is flourishing. flowers X

callgirl1 Sat 03-Jun-17 14:39:35

I will go along with the majority vote, not actually knowing Lincoln all that well, apart from the main shopping area on the High Street.

EnglishRose Sat 10-Jun-17 23:33:23

Ok, everyone. I'll make a decision and then post it on here in the next 2 weeks. XXX

Sun comes back next week!