Gransnet forums

Local

New Friends

(20 Posts)
Lizzie12 Tue 10-Jul-18 07:47:04

? Artyfarty
Great plan.
As I'm a bit of an infrequent visitor on this page will you
Please private message me if I go quiet for too long!
Have a lovely 'hot' summer everyone. smile

Artyfarty Tue 03-Jul-18 08:18:39

Morning Lizzie! I’m still interested in a meeting. Probably best to wait as people are so busy just now with holidays etc. It will be something to look forward to. Have a great Summer and enjoy your new grandchild! ?☀️?

Lizzie12 Tue 03-Jul-18 08:04:29

Hi all
Apologies for being out of contact for months! Life got in the way! I didn't want you to think I had disappeared totally
I'm still up for a Harrogate get together sometime but maybe after August.
Grandchild number 4 is due within the next couple of weeks! Plus lots of other 'stuff' going on over next two months.
If there have been any local get together or planned get togethers please let me know
Bye for now (smile)

Artyfarty Tue 27-Feb-18 17:49:25

Hi. I live fairly near and would be interested in joining you.
Knaresborough would be better for me but I can do Harrogate as well.

oldgoat Tue 27-Feb-18 17:33:08

I live in York and would love to meet you all in Harrogate. Tuesday and Thursday mornings are good for me too.
I heard about the Harrogate meetups at the York meetup today. Do you think it would be possible to post the details on the main GN site as well as the Local one please because more people would probably see them there?

SpyC1 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:09:23

sunshine

SpyC1 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:08:40

Sounds good! [Sunshine]

Lizzie12 Fri 09-Feb-18 10:15:30

Ok
I'll check acouple of dates and get back to you ASAP. Maybe We can arrange a meet up in March sometime. I'll check with Daenerys too.
Keep warm
Liz

SpyC1 Thu 08-Feb-18 09:32:07

suggestions not suggions!! - blush

SpyC1 Thu 08-Feb-18 09:28:36

Hi Lizzie12 I'm a bit reluctant to suggest dates as I may not be able to keep to them at the moment because of the way my ongoing treatment is affecting me! So I would prefer it if you could make the suggions and I could just say yeah or nay! Also I think we need to get over this cold snap and into more springlike weather conditions? Tuesday mornings, by the way, would be fine for me.

Lizzie12 Thu 08-Feb-18 08:18:00

Hi SpyCI
I've just spotted your reply. I've not tuned in for a while!
Yes let's try and get something off the ground.
Tuesday mornings best for me.if that sounds ok just give me some dates so we can try to get something in our diaries.
Liz

SpyC1 Tue 23-Jan-18 10:01:38

Hi Lizzie12. A regular Harrogate/Knaresborough group sounds good to me.

Daenerys Thu 18-Jan-18 13:25:40

I would be up for that

Lizzie12 Thu 18-Jan-18 10:15:58

Hi Daenerys and SpyCI
I live in Harrogate and would love to meet up with you both.
Tuesday or Thursday mornings ( after 10.00am!) are usually good for me.
Maybe we could kick start a regular Harrogate/Knaresborough group!!
Liz

Daenerys Wed 10-Jan-18 11:11:38

Found you all smile

New to N Yorkshire, well two years but it still feels new.

Would love a meet up in Harrogate if anyone is interested. Can't make the meet up this month but would love to hear from anyone local

oldgoat Sat 30-Dec-17 23:58:18

Hi Spy
I've just posted the details of the next GN meet-up in York. It's to be on Friday 19th January, for lunch, though we haven't chosen a venue yet.
I hope that you will be able to join us.
Alison

oldgoat Wed 20-Dec-17 11:39:00

Hello spyC1
As artyfarty says, keep a look out on the Forums Meet-up threads. I am planning a get-together of Yorkshire GNers in York in January. We have had one meet-up so far, last November, and hope to have a regular programme of meetings.
Unfortunately, because the Active topics move on so quickly, they often drop off the bottom of the page before anybody has seen them.
Last meeting we had lunch together but we could have afternoon tea or coffee or even a walk, if that's what people want.
Hope you will be able to join us soon.
I don't use the GN local site .Will PM you about the next meetup so you don't miss the details.
Hope to meet you soon.

Artyfarty Wed 20-Dec-17 11:14:56

Hi SpiCi. Head over to the thread Meetups/where are you. A local meeting is in the pipeline for January in York. I went to the last one and enjoyed it very much. I go into Knaresborough quite often, it’s beautiful.

SpyC1 Tue 12-Dec-17 16:08:57

Is there actually anyone living local who uses this site?

SpyC1 Tue 28-Nov-17 10:25:26

Hi, I've lived in in Knaresborough all my life and consider it one of the best places to live in North Yorkshire. Up until fairly recently I ran a shop up in town (18 years for my sins!) but am now semi-retired, occasionally helping my partner run his. The problem is I'm getting a teensy bit bored with my lot and ever so slightly lonely! I need to get out more, but its not much fun on your own tchsad. Is there anyone out there who would like to go out on a regular basis, walking/coffee/a chat etc., or a local group I could join?