Gransnet forums

Local

Is there anybody there?

(24 Posts)
BeeWitch Thu 08-Feb-18 18:39:00

Hello...there don't appear to be any posts on any subject for a while. So, is there anybody out there.... (paraphrasing a Pink Floyd song) smile

Charleygirl Thu 08-Feb-18 22:03:47

Try soop's kitchen- we are always very busy there.

hildajenniJ Thu 08-Feb-18 23:33:57

I never find anything going on on my local site either. I don't look there very often. We tend to arrange meet ups etc on the Gransnet site.

BeeWitch Fri 09-Feb-18 11:05:58

Charleygirl and hildajenniJ - Thank you both smile

trinity52 Mon 19-Mar-18 12:42:17

smile hello everyone.

joot Sun 08-Apr-18 19:44:00

Hi Bee Witch, i am an occasional visitor here, i got quite excited to see a new post! haha!

kittylester Sun 08-Apr-18 19:54:17

But, which local are you? It doesn't tell us by the time it gets to the main page! But welcome anyway.

Pittcity Sun 08-Apr-18 20:42:58

It says Derbyshire at the top of this thread when I look at it on my tablet Kitty!

lovesdancing Sun 08-Apr-18 20:51:03

Never been on a meetup yet. Any going on in Herts/Essex/Beds areas soon?

MissAdventure Sun 08-Apr-18 22:15:41

Is bluewater anywhere near you, lovesdancing?
There is a regular meet up there, though its too far for me. smile

kittylester Sun 08-Apr-18 22:16:18

So it does, Pitt. It only says Local until you click on it though.

I'm in North Leicestershire (although born in Derby) Beewitch - where are you?

lovesdancing Sun 15-Apr-18 21:01:20

Bluewater a fair drive, Miss Adventure, but a 'straight road' most of the way (M25) so I go there to shop sometimes.
It'd be nice to meet people when there for cuppa and chat.
Never seem to get any replies though. I
don't think I'm fully aware of how to navigate this forum thing yet. smile

Charleygirl Sun 15-Apr-18 21:06:02

lovesdancing it is probably not remotely close to your area but I meet up monthly with 4 other Gns at Pinner for coffee. We have been meeting for over 3 years now and spend a very enjoyable couple of hours.

Charleygirl Sun 15-Apr-18 21:06:20

GN's even

lovesdancing Sun 15-Apr-18 22:07:33

Thanks Charleygirl.
I appreciate your reply. smile
I think it is quite a way, but also a lot more complicated to get to for me.
I'd have to look up how to get there, but think it's off my radar. sad
Maybe some time you'll all venture a bit further afield and we can all meet half way. A possibility?

Charleygirl Mon 16-Apr-18 09:58:27

I think the problem with us lot is transport. One does not drive and my driving days are numbered. We all live within 3 miles of where we meet.

Where do you live?

AnnB Mon 30-Apr-18 17:17:59

Sorry it's a couple of weeks since the last post(!) but we are thinking off tweeting up in June at the Canalside Cafe at Great Haywood near Shugborough? I'll fix a date this week and let you know but would this be possible, and if you want to come are any days impossible? We'd meet about 2.30pm for tea/coffee and cake?

AnnB Mon 30-Apr-18 17:19:06

Meeting not tweeting, why didn't I press 'Preview message'!!!

Oldhippychick Mon 30-Apr-18 21:56:15

Anyone thinking of meeting up in the Birmingham area?

AnnB Wed 02-May-18 20:06:29

Hi Oldhippychick what a super user-name I wish I'd thought of that! There was a meet up in Birmingham in April organised on the West Bromwich local area forums. There doesn't seem to be a Birmingham area forum but there's also Solihull and Sutton Coldfield to look at. Some of us ex-editors are acting as 'Local Ambassadors' to organise Meet Ups and publicise Gransnet locally (we're all ambassadors really aren't we). My area is Stoke and Staffordshire so we've got ones happening in June in Newcastle (Staffordshire) and at Canalside Farm near Shugborough in Great Haywood so you'd be welcome but do have a look at the other areas. (they haven't all got ambassadors it's only a voluntary thing so you or anyone could set one up)

Oldhippychick Wed 02-May-18 21:40:07

Hi AnnB and thanks for your kind comments,as a none driver I wouldn’t be able to come to the meet ups you mention. But I can travel easily by public transport to many places in the West Midlands area. I was sorry to have missed the April meeting in B’ham as could have come to that. I do like to think I’m an Oldhippychick don’t want to grow old gracefully!

AnnB Sat 05-May-18 20:11:50

We do feel the same! Does anyone else like the long drifty Indian skirts? They seem to make them now with lots of sparkles and my five year old grand-daughter said 'Grandma if I was as old as you (!) I would wear a skirt like that!' when I was wearing one of these.
Sorry Oldhippychick I know you said you could not come but for others I'm thinking Friday 29th June 11am for coffee and cake at the cafe at Canalside Farm? Can anyone make that? I'll put out the postcode later if it seems feasible.

Oldhippychick Wed 09-May-18 15:28:02

AnnB. You sound like a girl after my own heart,I love those skirts that you mention, beads,sandals, I’ve just been away on holiday down south where even us aging Hippies can get away with dressing as themselves, more so than in the big city.

AnnB Sat 16-Jun-18 19:18:08

Hey if anyone is interested in Newcastle-under-Lyme for coffee, we're meeting at Heavenly Free From Foods in Merrial Street (practically next to the Police Station) at 2.30pm on Monday so drop in any time , we'll probably finish at about 4pm. Otherwise see you at Canalside Farm at 11am on Friday 29th June for coffee/tea and cake. If anyone has other ideas for venues let us know!