Gransnet forums

Local

Grans and Babies/toddlers groups

(9 Posts)
SpanielNanny Tue 13-Mar-18 18:07:46

I occasionally attend baby groups with my dgs & dil, and was surprised to see that there is usually a good 50/50 mix of mums/grandparents. I’d recommend taking the above advise, attend a couple until you find one you’re comfortable with. I’m sure the mums will be more than welcoming anyway!

Sielha Tue 13-Mar-18 17:59:22

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

Humbertbear Tue 13-Mar-18 16:47:27

We used to take our grandchildren weekly to Monkey Music. There were always other grandparents there,

M0nica Tue 13-Mar-18 11:36:05

Watching carers collecting children from the primary school opposite our house and carers with small children during the day, I would say that a significant proportion of carers are grandparents, and any adult and toddler group will contain a significant number of grandparents.

The thing to do is go to one locally and if it is to mum heavy, visit another until you find one that you feel comfortable at.

Sielha Mon 12-Mar-18 19:22:34

Thanks, my well think about doing that if I get nowhere.

Cherrytree59 Mon 12-Mar-18 18:59:10

I attended a grandparent and grandchild group.
We had a great time and the Gran's had a lovely meal out at the end of each term.

Sadly I no longer go as my eldest grandson is in reception class and the other is in nursery.

It was run by the children's services. Unfortunately funding ceased and we also lost the use of the room in the local school.

We were offered a room in another school and the group became self - funding.

So Sielha what about approaching a local school or church and set up your own group.smile

Sielha Mon 12-Mar-18 18:37:48

Sorry - thought I was posting on a local board! I’m in Liverpool

Marydoll Mon 12-Mar-18 17:11:47

Hi Sielha, you don't mention where you are, so a bit difficult to offer advice.
However, I find that the ones I go to are full of grandparents.smile

Sielha Mon 12-Mar-18 16:38:55

Does anyone know if there are any groups where it is predominantly grans who go with babies/toddlers? Looking to take my 15 month old grandson to a weekly group but would prefer to chat with other grans!