Gransnet forums

Local

Timber Festival - family friendly festival in the heart of the National Forest

(1 Post)
WildRumpus18 Tue 01-May-18 15:10:27

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me posting in here. I just wanted to spread the word about a brand new, family friendly festival happening this summer in the heart of the National Forest which may be of interest to nearby families?

It's called timberfestival.org.uk Timber and will be taking place on the 6th, 7th and 8th July at Feanedock, which sits on the Leicestershire/Derbyshire border in the National Forest. The address for festival ticket holders is Rawdon Road, Moira, Swadlincote, DE12 6DQ. Weekend and single day tickets are available with a 10% discount for residents of the National Forest.

Timber is a joint venture between Wild Rumpus (the award-winning producers behind Just So Festival) and the National Forest Company who are coming together to create a family friendly weekend camping festival exploring the transformative impact of forests, through a diverse programme of wellbeing activities, sustainability, music, art, theatre, ideas, talks and debates, and adventures. The ethos behind the festival is to re-connect young minds and the young-at-heart with our natural surroundings, promoting curiosity, learning, courage, personal development, social skills and familial bonding within the context of wild landscapes.

You can view the family programme here timberfestival.org.uk/family-programming/

Together with a Masked Ball, Coppice Maze, the chance to build your own timberland in a unique woodland playground, storytelling, aerial acrobatics in the trees, The Bewonderment Machine (a magical, theatrical cycle-powered ride-on carousel), outdoor cinema showing forest films, a Fire Garden, bonfire bands, tree climbing, slacklining, stone sculpture building, land art and many other workshops, relaxation and wellbeing activities, we love that Timber will allow families to experience the power of forests directly together.

If you have any questions or want to find out more information, please feel free to drop me a line at [email protected]. We're also on Facebook @timberfestivaluk, on Twitter @timber_festival and Instagram Timber Festival

We hope to see you there!

Katie Caunt

Communications Assistant
Wild Rumpus CIC
07890 494 626
@_wildrumpus