Gransnet forums

Local

Meet Ups

(6 Posts)
AnnB Fri 06-Jul-18 16:03:28

We met and had tea and coffee. It was lovely to meet pensionpat and her husband and I need to find a way to put up photos. We all went to the shop at Canalside Farm after, and two of us were lucky enough to go strawberry picking..what an amazing taste then strawberries for breakfast and dessert and a pavlova. pension pat gave me a great recipe for lemon drizzle cake as well!

AnnB Fri 29-Jun-18 09:54:54

We hope so pensionpat, that others will come, it's a lovely venue. We look forward to seeing you there! I still fancy picking some raspberries or strawberries after!

pensionpat Fri 29-Jun-18 08:15:53

Im planning to attend Canalside this morning. Anyone else going?

AnnB Tue 19-Jun-18 14:10:20

Thanks midgey for letting us know, we hope everything is fine now. No-one came and that has been our general experience of these things. We'll do the Canalside Farm at Stafford on Friday 29th at 11am and if no-one comes we'll leave it until other people on the forum organise something after that. Sorry I think Great Haywood is too far for you. The College of the Third Age is near the Cafe in Merrial Street and they have some great programmes on if you are interested but we'll keep reporting on this forum what is happening!

midgey Mon 18-Jun-18 18:43:35

Sorry not to have made it, very minor crisis meant our carer had to leave!

AnnB Mon 18-Jun-18 14:06:20

Don't forget the Meet Up today in Newcastle-under-Lyme on Merrial Street next to the police station (!) at the Heavenly Freefrom Cafe and Shop! 2.30pm and we should be there until nearly 4pm.