Gransnet forums

LOOKING FOR BRITAINS SUPER GRANS

(25 Posts)
MEDIA: Naomi Thu 14-Jun-18 10:59:58

*A brand new format show is looking for a range of grans*- from the strictest to the most flamboyant.
We need to find lovely ladies who are over 55 and have strong an passionate ideas and opinions on how to parent, cook, spend money, dress, everything! If you feel you could be a wise woman with plenty to instil in the younger generation please get in touch today!

Teetime Thu 14-Jun-18 11:02:52

Quelle Horreur!!!

trisher Thu 14-Jun-18 11:39:27

Not sure 'lovely ladies" and "wise woman" are characteritics which can co-exist! As for "instilling" anything in the younger generation-words fail me (and that doesn't happen often!)

goldengirl Thu 14-Jun-18 11:45:40

Crumbs! They're asking for Wonder Woman - so rule me out. 'Grumpy Gran' more like. I certainly don't set myself up to be a fount of all knowledge either! It all sounds ghastly confused

mcem Thu 14-Jun-18 12:25:43

Dreadful format!
Can't see the younger generation tuning in to be told how to live their lives.
Seems to me that the only 'wise women' who'd volunteer would welcome the chance to pontificate and lay down the law!
Absolute no no!

Squiffy Thu 14-Jun-18 13:06:51

This has disaster written all over it! Another way to split the generations and cause resentment. Presumably, in order to make it a 'show' rather than just a programme, the producers will opt for the more extreme Grans??!

Nanabilly Thu 14-Jun-18 14:06:31

I shall wait with bated breath to see what this turns out to be. Some shows lately are just pure madness!

nanaK54 Thu 14-Jun-18 14:08:53

Erm, think I'll give this a miss grin

Luckygirl Thu 14-Jun-18 14:18:32

Gawd - that sort of media-speak with its pre-determined formula and cliches gives me the absolute creeps.

They do not want real women, who might speak quietly and cogently about their lives; but those who will make a "good" show. It rather encapsulates all that is wrong with present media folk. A plague on them all!

I can see this show already in my mind's eye - the hackneyed formula is flashing before me! I won't be watching for sure!

M0nica Thu 14-Jun-18 14:56:30

How patronising 'lovely ladies'. It gives an insight into the approach to the whole project, the grandparents will be patronised and the younger people proved right. Hey ho, nothing changes.

sodapop Thu 14-Jun-18 17:22:38

Do we have to wear our knickers on the outside as well 😊

crystaltipps Thu 14-Jun-18 18:23:50

For “strong and passionate opinions” read “some old biddy we can all smirk at for being so out of touch with the 20 something media types who will be making the programme “.

BlueBelle Thu 14-Jun-18 18:31:02

Blimey I m out too wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole
knickers in or out on not even on 😂😂😂

Jalima1108 Thu 14-Jun-18 18:33:16

grin grin grin

How to embarrass your DC and your DGC in one fell swoop

We are all wise women on GN though smile

Jalima1108 Thu 14-Jun-18 18:34:47

ps any strong and passionate ideas and opinions on how to parent, cook, spend money, dress, everything! I keep strictly to myself as I am a wise woman

Still laughing grin

ffinnochio Thu 14-Jun-18 18:36:46

Good grief!
Stereotypical nonsense.

BlueBelle Thu 14-Jun-18 19:24:39

The wise keep quiet don’t they

M0nica Thu 14-Jun-18 19:42:11

Discretion is the better part of valour.

Greenfinch Thu 14-Jun-18 20:05:14

Not sure what is wanted. Flamboyant is not the antithesis of strict.It is possible to be both flamboyant and strict.

Jalima1108 Thu 14-Jun-18 20:25:11

Obviously none of us are SUPER GRANS!! sad

M0nica Thu 14-Jun-18 21:40:56

I hope not, the concept of the supergran as described in the OP sounds absolutely insufferable, and anything but a^wise woman^. I would imagine the children and grandchildren of such a woman, would actually be avoiding her as much as possible, if not actually estranged.

All of us have met the kind of woman who has strong opinions on everything and is always right, it is her way or the highway and a 'supergran' she could not possibly be.

blossom14 Thu 14-Jun-18 22:02:22

I think I'll sit in the corner and pretend to do my knitting instead. Are you for real Naomi?

Cherrytree59 Thu 14-Jun-18 22:12:22

Naomi maybe run it past your Gran.smile

Maggiemaybe Thu 14-Jun-18 22:25:49

Oh, I don't know. I remember thinking how ridiculous Gogglebox sounded when I saw an advert wanting people to take part. I could be earning money now for sitting on a sofa, laughing at Britain's Got Talent and talking to the cat.

I'm not up for this one though. As Nannas go, I'm a pretty boring one.

Bathsheba Thu 14-Jun-18 22:35:11

I am far too wise to even think about instilling anything in the younger generation. In fact I'm sure we're all too wise to go anywhere near this horror show!