Gransnet forums

Fed up of nuisance calls?

(10 Posts)
MEDIA: Rumpus Media Tue 29-Jan-19 10:29:39

Are you constantly receiving nuisance calls? Are you fed up of being plagued by calls and want it to stop? Are you registered with the TPS? If so, we want to hear from you!

We’re looking to speak to people being harassed by nuisance calls for a new Channel 4 consumer show. So if this applies to you, your friends and relatives… or even your neighbour please drop us an email on
[email protected] and let us know the best way to contact you.

Many thanks!

Floradora9 Wed 30-Jan-19 10:22:58

We got a BT phone which screeens calls and have not had a single nusance call since.

EllanVannin Wed 30-Jan-19 11:00:00

2 years ago I just told them to F-off-------and they did !

Charleygirl5 Wed 30-Jan-19 12:38:00

I am with Floradora9- the odd one creeps through but it is something like 2-3 a year which I can live with. That is the reason I bought this specific phone.

Blinko Wed 30-Jan-19 13:01:59

Same as Charleygirl and Floradora. A couple of these calls a year, if that. No problems for us.

SueDonim Wed 30-Jan-19 13:08:55

Same as Floradora. It was money well spent!

MiniMoon Wed 30-Jan-19 13:30:14

I bought a call blocker. I answer them, and if I seem them to be a nuisance, I press the red button and it cuts off the call, and blocks the number from calling again.

MiniMoon Wed 30-Jan-19 13:31:10

Deem, not seem! It is effective.

Izabella Wed 30-Jan-19 16:01:11

Our landline phone is set to silent as we only use if for the internet connection.

M0nica Wed 30-Jan-19 16:24:07

We are signed up for TPS, and have been for years and had very few calls until recently, but in the last few months the afternoons are a constant jump up and down to check the phone. Most of the calls are from overseas and have numbers that are not recognisable STD codes, so we answer and immediately ring off, so that they do not go through to the answer phone.

We cannot limit ourselves to an approved list of numbers only as both of us are involved with activities where we do get rung up by people we do not know.