Gransnet forums

Media/research requests

How do you feel about money?

(58 Posts)
MEDIA: Jamie Mon 18-Mar-19 15:00:25

Hello grans

I'm on a mission to help more women in the UK feel confident about their finances, and I'd love your help to create a free financial guide on www.boringmoney.co.uk.

If you feel comfortable talking to me about money (or if you have any burning questions), I'd love to chat with you over the phone briefly about everything from savings and investments to retirement and divorce prep.

What's important to you?
What worries you?
What advice do you have for other women your age?

Women are lagging behind men for pension pots, investments and almost everything financial. So I ask you to lead by example and help me even the score!

What do you say? Are you in? Please email [email protected] or reply here for more information. Thanks for reading.

kittylester Mon 18-Mar-19 15:27:53

The link just leads me to the website.

Anja Mon 18-Mar-19 15:30:40

I’m not lagging behind any male thank you Jamie so, as they say ‘I’m out!’

Surely this is just touting for business anyway?

MiniMoon Mon 18-Mar-19 15:56:48

I'm all set thanks. Pension and savings, funeral plan etc. Everything sorted. Don't need any extra help.

notanan2 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:55:08

Bit patronising... like when one of the main car review sites released a "laydeee" version called EveCars which translated the car reviews into Laydee speak because they thought women would find the regular straight forward car reviews too boring...

.... well, that site folded so...

notanan2 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:57:12

Women are lagging behind men for pension pots, investments and almost everything financial.

Because of real world inequalities!!
NOT because they are too girly to find "normal" financial advise interesting!!! angry

kittylester Mon 18-Mar-19 16:58:18

I reported this and was told it's fine.

Charleygirl5 Mon 18-Mar-19 16:59:56

There is little if anything you could teach me about savings, pensions, ISAs, FSAVCs, and more, thank you. Being Scottish also helps!

Auntieflo Mon 18-Mar-19 17:10:37

Is he promoting himself as a Financial Advisor? Don’t you have to be qualified to do that?
Anyway, my beautiful GS is my personal advisor. He’ll be inheriting it anyway, by a roundabout manner. (If he keeps in his mum and dad’s good books) 😘

Charleygirl5 Mon 18-Mar-19 17:22:59

I think he is Auntieflo and also letting us know men know soooo much more about money than females- we are too busy tittivating ourselves.

Jalima1108 Mon 18-Mar-19 17:25:44

How do you feel about money?
I like it

sodapop Mon 18-Mar-19 17:48:00

grin me too Jalima Couldn't be more patronising could he, how on earth did we little girlies manage before.

bikergran Mon 18-Mar-19 18:09:18

I need "More" lol

Izabella Mon 18-Mar-19 18:16:58

What a patronising post from the OP

CanadianGran Mon 18-Mar-19 22:38:37

I'd say the opposite. Most women I know are the 'brains' behind the family finances. We tend to outlive men so are more conservative in our investment choices.

I do find this broadly painting women as incompetent to be demeaning.

Cherrytree59 Mon 18-Mar-19 23:25:03

Money 🌳 please

I do the leg work and then we discuss and a
joint decision is made.

Maybelle Tue 19-Mar-19 01:27:50

I also reported this and was told all was OK kittylester, looked like a scam to me. But apparently it's not. So maybe it is just patronising !

Charleygirl5 Tue 19-Mar-19 16:20:32

He has paid for the privilege- he just did not expect to "meet" us lot. I doubt if we are sitting in rocking chairs and knitting.

Poppyred Tue 19-Mar-19 17:26:13

Hello Jamie,

If you can offer any SAFE investments with over 4% net interest, message me. 😊😊

Jalima1108 Tue 19-Mar-19 19:57:25

Safe investments that bring at least 10% return please.
And growth.

Niobe Tue 19-Mar-19 20:22:17

And Tax free please!

Razzy Tue 19-Mar-19 23:15:35

Patronising much! Seriously “Jamie (OP)”, I probably have more assets and a higher salary than you do. Women have had to suffer inequality and patriarchy for years, so in general are far better at budgeting and saving than most men!

Marydoll Tue 19-Mar-19 23:49:11

I think you need to revise your original post Jamie, as you have probably achieved the exact opposite outcome of what you intended.
We are not feeble minded old ladies, sitting in rocking chairs doing our knitting.
However, I do give you full marks for effort.😁

BradfordLass72 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:00:33

How do I feel about money? I'd like a bit more of it smile

I'm on a basic pension, cannot work to supplement it and find it very hard to manage but do if I scrimp, not save.

I don't want anything flash, just enough so's I could have a holiday every now and then, or not worry about the cost of luxuries such as dental care..... but I'm whistling at the moon.

BradfordLass72 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:03:26

PS. I assumed 'Jamie' to be a woman, not male.