Gransnet forums

Media/research requests

*EATING HABITS QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PEOPLE AGED 65+* chance to win an M&S hamper! :-)

(29 Posts)
MEDIA: pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 11:32:50

Hello everyone!

If you are aged 65+ and have a few minutes I would be really grateful if you could complete this survey for a research study being run at the University of Warwick and Warwickshire County Council.
bit.ly/2WzIapc

There’s also the chance to win an M&S hamper and you would be helping us to understand how to help people to continue to eat well in later life.

Even if you’re not aged 65+, feel free to pass along the link to those who are OR if you would prefer a paper version of the questionnaire to be sent to you then just message me.

Any questions, please email me at [email protected] and I'll be more than happy to discuss further!

Scribbles Wed 24-Jul-19 12:08:33

Done - although I do wonder why what I "think" about the nutritional practices of strangers is relevant to anything!

moggie57 Wed 24-Jul-19 12:12:10

why over 65? surely over 60's .. whats the difference between a few years.its like i'm ousted out because i'm not over 65.

DanniRae Wed 24-Jul-19 12:17:40

Didn't do it. Too much info to read before so gave up........!

Nannarose Wed 24-Jul-19 12:30:23

I couldn't access the survey

glammanana Wed 24-Jul-19 12:39:04

I also couldn't access the survey tried 3 times.

Parsley3 Wed 24-Jul-19 12:41:24

Did this but I found some questions impossible to answer with anything but guesswork. I am not familiar with the dietary habits of people I don't know.

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 12:52:26

Thanks Scribbles! That's exactly why we're running the study wink - to see if how we view other people's eating behaviours can affect our own behaviours. Really appreciate you taking the time to take part smile

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 12:56:38

Hi moggie57 - I'm sorry you're not eligible to take part. We're following the Office of National Statistics age threshold for an 'older adult' which is age 65. Thank you so much for your interest though

janeainsworth Wed 24-Jul-19 12:58:02

pca you might want to look at this.
Every time I get as far as consent, the arrow takes me back to information. At the bottom of information, it takes me back to consent.
I think you’ve got the boxes in the wrong place.
I’ll take a screenshot.

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 12:59:28

Hi DanniRae - thanks for considering taking part anyway! I appreciate the Participant Information section does contain a lot of information - this is just so we're sure we've given you the opportunity to read through anything you might need to know about the study before you decide to take part. This is in line with University guidelines. Once again, thanks for considering taking part!

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 13:00:27

For anyone struggling to access the survey - please click on this link to take part bit.ly/2WzIapc

janeainsworth Wed 24-Jul-19 13:01:39

The boxes are the wrong way round I think.

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 13:05:50

Hi janeainsworth - thanks for pointing this out - yes a screenshot would be helpful, it may be that you need to click on the blue highlighted box to consent (see image) to continue rather than using the arrows. Hopefully this will help! smile

Bathsheba Wed 24-Jul-19 13:06:05

Oh God, sorry, I'm not reading all that 🙄

EllanVannin Wed 24-Jul-19 13:06:43

Where's the survey ?

Charleygirl5 Wed 24-Jul-19 13:09:38

I filled it in but how much use it is will be debatable. I live on my own, have no family and all of my friends live miles away so N/A seemed the only one.

Septimia Wed 24-Jul-19 13:09:55

Done - but I, too, found it difficult to make comparisons with other people, even friends and family since I don't often eat meals with them.

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 13:23:56

For anyone struggling to find the link on the advert - it's in blue font and says bit.ly/2WzIapc

However, for ease you can also find it here Go_To_Questionnaire

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 13:26:18

Thanks to everyone who has taken part so far - I appreciate some of the questions are difficult or may not seem relevent but I promise it is all useful information. I really really appreciate your time and effort smile

LullyDully Wed 24-Jul-19 13:51:53

Sorry . I gave up because I do not want to criticise the eating habits of others.

Jane10 Wed 24-Jul-19 14:04:49

Gave up. Too much of a palaver to get through before even getting to the questionnaire.

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 15:33:34

Hi Jane10 - thanks for considering taking part anyway! I appreciate the Participant Information section does contain a lot of information - this is just so we're sure we've given you the opportunity to read through anything you might need to know about the study before you decide to take part. This is in line with University guidelines. Once again, thanks for considering taking part!

pca03avw Wed 24-Jul-19 15:37:35

Hi LullyDully - thank you for considering taking part. We're not looking for you to criticise others' eating habits - just how you think you compare to others. However, I do appreciate that for some people this might feel uncomfortable smile. Once again thanks for considering being a part of our research

mcem Wed 24-Jul-19 16:26:09

How am I meant to know about the eating habits of people older/younger than I am?

3 AC - one eats very poorly because of health issues. One is an excellent cook and is very responsible about good nutrition. One eats a variety of healthy/unhealthy foods, but eats too much!

I agree that I don't want to make assumptions about the seating habits of others.