Gransnet forums

Media/research requests

[Paid] Take part in our research: $30 per session, evaluating photo slideshow software

(12 Posts)
MEDIA: KatyCrowd Thu 26-Aug-21 13:30:19

Hi everyone!

I work for a software development company. We're currently looking for participants for user experience sessions. We need feedback on our photo slideshow software - want to see whether it's easy to use for someone who doesn't have a lot of experience with this type of software.

You don't need any special skills at all to participate, just a Windows PC and 45 minutes of your time.

The task involves a Zoom session with a moderator. During the session, we'll ask you to install our software to your PC, create a simple slideshow with photos and music, and share your thoughts as you go.

We’ll pay $30 for a completed session by PayPal. Alternatively, we can provide a license for our software if you really like it smile

If you're interested, please fill out this questionnaire:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCZczYZo7q4PmcyvbbQQU5mH1B-HT1Rx3q00TpvflCiJURIA/viewform and we’ll get in touch with you!

FannyCornforth Thu 26-Aug-21 13:36:07

Reported

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 26-Aug-21 13:40:55

Does this work with Apple?

Elegran Thu 26-Aug-21 14:57:10

Has Katycrowd paid GN for inserting this thread? " Media/research requests. Media requests can be placed for 90 days for a £30 fee. "

KatyCrowd Fri 27-Aug-21 05:19:00

Elegran

Has Katycrowd paid GN for inserting this thread? ^" Media/research requests. Media requests can be placed for 90 days for a £30 fee. "^

Sure, we paid for posting our announcement and contacted GN team beforehand to seek their approval.

KatyCrowd Fri 27-Aug-21 05:25:59

Gwenisgreat1

Unfortunately, no, but it works with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 27-Aug-21 07:51:18

Hmm installing new untested software on my PC? Without giving me a chance to research it. I think not.
Surely software development companies have access to many within their company to do their testing, wives , mothers and grandmothers of employees.
Without,in effect, cold calling complete strangers.
Anyway I think Windows already does a photo slideshow, I’ll check to see if my iPad will do it too.

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 27-Aug-21 07:53:35

Just looked, I have a slideshow option on my iPad.

BlueBelle Fri 27-Aug-21 08:01:17

Dollars, not much good over here ?
No thanks I don’t have 45 minutes free

KatyCrowd Fri 27-Aug-21 08:47:48

Oopsadaisy1

Hmm installing new untested software on my PC? Without giving me a chance to research it. I think not.
Surely software development companies have access to many within their company to do their testing, wives , mothers and grandmothers of employees.
Without,in effect, cold calling complete strangers.
Anyway I think Windows already does a photo slideshow, I’ll check to see if my iPad will do it too.

Just let me note that our software has been on the market for almost 10 years. It's thoroughly tested, we're just trying to make it better and easier for all kinds of users. It's common practice for software companies to arrange User Experience sessions with people who never heard of their product before - this is crucial to get unbiased feedback.

We use dedicated user research websites, too, but there are not so many ladies registered there, unfortunately, so we're hoping to find some ladies who're interested in creative things like slideshow on this forum.

Elegran Fri 27-Aug-21 08:54:21

KatyCrowd

Gwenisgreat1

Unfortunately, no, but it works with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP.

Then you are not posting unwanted spam, which is a reason for reporting posts to the moderators. However, Gransnet, like all social media sites, gets a lot of posts from people using it as a free marketing platform for their goods and services, and regular posters are not happy when forum is targetted by spammers. That makes them quick to react!

Elegran Fri 27-Aug-21 08:55:40

KatyCrowd

Elegran

Has Katycrowd paid GN for inserting this thread? ^" Media/research requests. Media requests can be placed for 90 days for a £30 fee. "^

Sure, we paid for posting our announcement and contacted GN team beforehand to seek their approval.

Quoted wrong post above - sorry.