Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Glasgow Meet Up

(260 Posts)
Bags Thu 26-Jul-12 07:03:39

elegran suggested we have a separate thread for sorting the proposed Glasgow meet up, and green asked if I might be able to 'sort' it, so this is me sorting the first bit: names please? smile

Butternut Tue 28-Aug-12 09:13:05

What a lovely bunch of GN-ers you are! Thanks for posting Granny 23. (Liked the flag.... smile )

Gally Tue 28-Aug-12 09:46:58

absent tut tut, noxious weeds indeed shock. you could always hide behind some of the sweeping branches of a weeping willow if you really had to grin.

soop Tue 28-Aug-12 14:06:36

Bags and I drooled over a superb watercolour - 'Windows in the West' by Avril Paton. I wish that I had bought a postcard. I may log on to the appropriate site to see whether a pc is available.

baublesbanglesandb Tue 28-Aug-12 14:26:01

soop if you can't get a postcard on line I can pick one up for you the next time I'm there.

soop Tue 28-Aug-12 14:29:00

baubles how kind of you. I shall try to purchase on line. If unsuccessful, I'll let you know. smile

Granny23 Sun 02-Sep-12 00:23:16

How are you all 'Glasgow Girls'? I cannot believe that it has been less than a week since the meet-up - Gransnet at its best. What a lot of water has gone under the Gransnet Bridge since then!

Here, on Wednesday, during the 2nd thunder storm of the day, the water did not go UNDER the Road Bridge over the burn. Instead it surged over, flooding everything downhill, including ancient Uncle's Care Home, which had to be evacuated. The Staff and Social Workers have been wonderful. flowers They rapidly found alternative accomodation mainly in the Wee County hospital and later in other nearby care homes, keeping the residents together in their usual groups, with their usual staff. The oldies think they are having a holiday and all seem calm and happy.

Monday we set up the triple bunks in the back bedroom; Tuesday was my annual pre birthday shopping day out with my sister; Wednesday we were trapped indoors with torrential rain and floods, Thursday was track down and visit Uncle day, with a disasterous Quiz night to follow; Friday = school run x 2 + childminding; Saturday was DGD1's smaller than planned 5th Birthday Party, when 2 families (8 people) had to turn back as the motorway was in gridlock after a pile up.

Glad the meet-up is not tomorrow as I am frazzled. Hope you have all had a good week - sending you cupcake from the party - we will be eating the left overs for a week.

Bags Sun 02-Sep-12 06:52:27

Hope you have slept/are still sleeping well after your frazzled week, granny23! That sounds like quite a load for one week, and on top of the Glasgow Girls Gathering wink. I love it that you've called us that smile, especially as we were talking about the Glasgow Boys while we wandered around the art galleries. Please note, other grans, this is an open 'clique' (oxymoron-tastic! grin) from which no-one who wants to join the next (oh yes! there will be a next) Glasgow Girls Gathering is precluded.

In short it is a Gathering of the Grans! [thistle] [saltire] [whisky] [shortbread] [haar] [rain] [heather] [mountains] [sea] and, believe it or not (but not today) sunshine

smile

absentgrana Sun 02-Sep-12 08:07:02

Granny23 I hope you have recovered from such a whirl of frantic activity. I hope too that the pre-birthday shopping trip was fun and that you had/have a smashing birthday. flowers

Ella46 Sun 02-Sep-12 08:11:30

Granny23 Another year bites the dust! flowers sunshine wine
Hope you are rested now smile