Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Meet up in Reading

(34 Posts)
Greenfinch Thu 28-Jun-18 15:57:40

Would anyone be interested in meeting up in Reading in August ?We generally meet in John Lewis or Pat Val but other suggestions would be welcome preferably near the train station.

Auntieflo Fri 29-Jun-18 09:00:34

Greenfinch, I was thinking recently, that it was about time for another Reading get together. I would love to come, but I shall be having an op. in August. So it's all up in the air at the moment.

Greenfinch Tue 10-Jul-18 10:15:54

Good luck for the op. Auntieflo. I think it may be better to leave the meetup until September anyway. Would that be better?
Anyone up for it?

Deedaa Thu 12-Jul-18 22:17:57

I seem to be fairly clear for September - although new school year may involve some stepping in for school runs.

Greenfinch Fri 13-Jul-18 06:40:19

Deedaa if we made it late morning or early afternoon we should be OK as I may have the same problem.
On refection and thinking about who came last time,I am wondering if Bracknell or Wokingham might be a better venue.

What does anyone think? Having said that,Wokingham is pretty awful at the moment with all the re-development.

Auntieflo Fri 13-Jul-18 08:45:04

Hello all. I am definitely interested in another meet up, and early September sounds doable, hopefully. I don't mind either Reading or Bracknell, as I can bus to either, and yes wokingham is more than pretty awful still, I live there smile

HAZBEEN Fri 13-Jul-18 08:48:42

Hello everyone, I am up for Reading or Bracknell, I can get to both by train. I look forward to seeing Greenfinch and Deedaa again and meeting more of you lovely ladies.

Greenfinch Fri 13-Jul-18 21:23:37

Bracknell would be a change and there is a new shopping centre if anyone is interested.Deedaa do you know of anwhere nice for coffee ?

Deedaa Fri 13-Jul-18 21:32:06

My friend and I had coffee and cake in Fenwicks just after they opened and that was very nice - large slices of cake!

Greenfinch Fri 13-Jul-18 21:50:07

Oh yes, Fenwicks. That sounds good.I took DGD2 there after Christmas for her to build a bear. It was the first time in all her five years she had been on a bus. Unbelievable !

Would anyone like to suggest a date and a time?

Deedaa Sun 15-Jul-18 16:24:49

Friday tends to be the one day I can't do.

GabriellaG Mon 30-Jul-18 13:43:06

I'd like to come if that's ok. There don't seem to be any meetups in Surrey atm.
I can get the train from Guildford to Reading or drive. Dates? I have a couple of theatre dates in August but not till evening.

GabriellaG Mon 30-Jul-18 13:44:33

I live in Haslemere. grin

GabriellaG Mon 30-Jul-18 13:59:29

Just had a look on Trustpilot cnd Nibseys in Cross Street is 2 minute walk from Reading station and is light and airy with comfy seats and a variety of cakes, cream teas, lunches, coffees teas etc.

Auntieflo Mon 30-Jul-18 16:33:17

I thought it was going to be Fenwicks in Bracknell? confused. I can do any day except Tuesdays and Fridays. Has the venue been changed to Reading?

Mamissimo Mon 30-Jul-18 20:36:17

GabriellaG - I’m very close to you! I went to the last meet up in Staines and I’m hoping to go to the next one on the 16th. I won’t know till nearer the time for definite but I could offer you a lift?

Greenfinch Wed 01-Aug-18 13:39:20

I think confusion arose because of the title of the thread which then meandered off into Bracknell. May I suggest that we keep to Bracknell for September and then have another one in Reading in October when one of our visiting overseas GNs may be able to attend.
I suggest Thursday 20th ,Monday 24th or Wednesday 26th September . Are any of these dates suitable?

HAZBEEN Wed 01-Aug-18 16:49:48

26th Septemberr would be good for me.

Greenfinch Wed 01-Aug-18 18:26:53

Gabriella I hope you will be able to make the Bracknell meet up.Coming by train you need to change at Wokingham and catch the Waterloo train. Bracknell is the first stop.

Auntieflo Thu 02-Aug-18 14:06:44

Greenfinch, at the moment, I can make any of the dates given, so fingers crossed. Thanks for co-ordinating all this.

Deedaa Thu 02-Aug-18 22:26:26

I've got all those dates free at the moment.

Greenfinch Fri 03-Aug-18 17:02:39

Shall we make it 26th September then?

11am in the restaurant in Fenwick's. Bracknell.

Looking forward to seeing everybody then.

Deedaa Fri 03-Aug-18 21:14:17

I'll see you then!

Auntieflo Sat 04-Aug-18 09:00:30

Me too smile

Greenfinch Sat 04-Aug-18 10:11:16

Brilliant.!! That will be four of us at least.
I hope some more will be able to join us.