Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Anyone in GLASGOW?

(180 Posts)
Spring Fri 18-Jan-19 12:02:02

Hello, I've just joined. Any other grans in Glasgow who would like to meet for coffee and a chat?

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 12:30:30

Hi Spring, and welcome, there are at least three of us around Glasgow. However, when we post looking for Glasgow grans, there is usually no response, so we go to the Edinburgh meet ups instead.
There is an Edinburgh meet up, next Friday, at which you would be most welcome. We are a really friendly bunch.smile It's in the Waverley hotel in Princes street and we are having a lunch.

We could try an arrange a Glasgow meet, even if it's just for coffee. Here's hoping we get some replies.

Kalu Fri 18-Jan-19 13:38:08

Hello and welcome Spring I too am a Glasgow gnetter. Meeting up for a coffee in town or locally, depending on our locations is a good idea.

I thought you and I were the only two existing ‘Glasgow Girls’ ?gnetters on here now Marydoll

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 14:59:00

Kalu, would you not consider Edinburgh meet up as well? There will be eleven this time (I think), but it's usually more.
The Edinburgh group come from all over Scotland and one even travels up from York!

Esspee Fri 18-Jan-19 15:06:01

I'm in Glasgow, well, currently on holiday in the sun but my home is there. Would be happy to meet up. smile

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 15:28:46

Looking good, Lassies!
Espee, enjoy the sun while you can, it's freezing here! We have even had a few snow flurries. ⛷

Kalu Fri 18-Jan-19 15:43:26

I can’t make the Edinburgh meet up this time, maybe another one, thanks..

Enjoy your break in the sunshine Esspee. Lucky besom??

DGDs due any minute now, very excited. Not only is it snowing but it’s Grampa’s birthday and there will be ?

craftergran Fri 18-Jan-19 16:28:18

Not in Glasgow but not far south of it. I'd be interested in meeting for a coffee

cascats Fri 18-Jan-19 16:34:45

Hi Spring, welcome to the varied world of Gransnet smile I would be happy to travel to Glasgow, depending on the chosen location for the meet, as can get a direct bus from here. Go to the Edinburgh meetups when I can and they are really enjoyable.

Jangran99 Fri 18-Jan-19 16:35:01

Hi all you new ( to me)Gransnetters. Marydoll and I have been hoping for some more Weegies. We love our Edinburgh meets but Glasgow would be great too.
We should set up an early meet even if it’s only coffee and cake in say , John Lewis. What say you? All suggestions welcome.

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 17:22:24

I'm up for that, Jan. I'm usually free Monday, Weds and Friday. John Lewis seems good and central.
If we make it coffee, then anyone who has to pick up grandchildren, will have plenty of time.
I wonder if Baggs has seen this.
OOOOOh this is so exciting. grin

Baggs Fri 18-Jan-19 17:33:34

Just got your message, mdoll. Thanks for the heads up. I'm up for this too. Might be a bit late for mid-morning coffee if that's what you go for but I can probably manage late morning most days. ☕️?

Baggs Fri 18-Jan-19 17:34:44

Afternoon ☕️? no problem ?

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 17:40:07

Why don't we start suggesting dates and times and then trying to find something to suit everyone?

John Lewis is ideal for both Queen Street and Central Stations and also the Bus Station.

Jangran99 Fri 18-Jan-19 18:30:08

Great to see such interest. Lovely to hear from you again Baggs. I am generally free any day but Wednesday.
To get us going I suggest Fri 8th / 15th February, 11 o’clock ish in John Lewis.

Jangran99 Fri 18-Jan-19 18:36:39

Sorry Baggs, or 2 o’clock ish on those dates

cascats Fri 18-Jan-19 19:45:51

Not 8th Feb for me, sorry oh birthday. But go with whatever is best for others obviously.
Off to google John Lewis and Buchanan Street bus station!

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 19:47:30

Cascats it's right beside it, almost! grin

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 19:49:31

Both dates are fine with me, so far.

Kalu Fri 18-Jan-19 19:57:38

Please count me in too.

Those dates are ok for me Jangran although afternoon is easier for me

I know two people named Jan....what are the chances? ?

Baggs Fri 18-Jan-19 20:02:33

Two-ish on Feb 8 or 15 suits me.

Kalu Fri 18-Jan-19 20:11:31

That would suit me too.

baubles Fri 18-Jan-19 20:28:17

I’d love to join you all depending on when DD’s baby decides to arrive. Either date suits me otherwise.

Marydoll Fri 18-Jan-19 20:30:57

Getting better, with each post!

Kalu Fri 18-Jan-19 20:37:55

Oh, this is good.

Best of luck for your DD Baubles