Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Anyone interested in central Leeds meet up

(16 Posts)
Party4 Sat 01-Feb-20 00:32:26

QuaintIrene and myself are trying to arrange a coffee and chat central Leeds(see other West Yorks discussion).Anyone interested? open to suggestions on suitable central venue/lunchtime date.

oldgoat Sat 01-Feb-20 17:40:47

I would be happy to join you for coffee and a chat in Central Leeds (and have a look around the shops). I'm free most days except Wednesdays.

QuaintIrene Sat 01-Feb-20 19:45:07

Hello oldgoat great, three of us so far. We won’t choose Wednesday!

Party4 Mon 10-Feb-20 13:43:25

Havent forgotten you both QuaintIrene and old goat in fact looking forward to meeting you both.Due to pre booked appts look like week com 24 Feb (other than Wed) good for me.Coffee,cake and chat anyone else in Leeds area most welcome.☕??

oldgoat Mon 10-Feb-20 18:24:54

Hello Party4
I could make Monday 24th or Thursday 27th, preferably late morning. Have you got anywhere in mind please?
I'll be coming by train so a city centre venue would be easiest for me.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Pagzy Sun 16-Feb-20 15:14:36

Like old goat Central Leeds good for me as I don't drive.

oldgoat Sun 16-Feb-20 16:15:56

Hello pagzy
The plan is to meet at the side door of Debenhams at 11.00 on the 24th.
Hope to see you then.

bikergran Sun 16-Feb-20 17:52:31

Hey you gransnetters ! don't want you arrested for loitering lol around Debenhams lol

Artyfarty Sun 16-Feb-20 23:43:50

Only just seen this. I can make Leeds on the 24th. I will be coming in on the bus. Have you seen that there is also at meet in York on the 28th? ?

Party4 Mon 17-Feb-20 17:23:00

Great news look forward to also meeting pagzy and Artyfarty what a wonderful turn out.
Is Leeds ready for us though!!

Pagzy Thu 20-Feb-20 10:51:29

Just had a yellow warning for rain on Monday?☔

oldgoat Sun 23-Feb-20 18:19:13

Well, I'm still planning to join you in Leeds tomorrow, public transport willing. It looks as though the snow will be gone by late morning, fingers crossed!

oldgoat Mon 24-Feb-20 14:50:32

Thanks for organising the Leeds meetup Party4 It was good to meet you and Artyfarty. Looking forward to the next Leeds meeting when, hopefully, the weather will be better.
Sorry to hear about your little cat QuaintIrene It's so sad losing a dearly loved pet.

Party4 Mon 24-Feb-20 20:45:13

Lovely to meet both oldgoat and artyfarty this morning they are experienced GNs and attend other meets, so very interesting hearing of other GNs and previous meets.Do let us know how Edinburgh and York go. Hope you are feeling a little better Hulahoop.Lewie and Pagzey look forward to hearing from you again.
And to poor QuaintIrene we send our thoughts she has had such an emotional weekend.
Artyfarty success with the quizz (master mind here we come).

QuaintIrene Mon 24-Feb-20 22:53:49

I am so sorry to have missed seeing you all.
I hope there will be another meet up soon.
?

Gourmet Mon 02-Mar-20 22:32:22

Hi -I have just seen this site and am sore I missed the Meet-up but would like to come to the next one.x