Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Portishead - North Somerset - Sept 25

(6 Posts)
Caphx Sun 06-Sep-20 21:08:55

The original thread organising the Sept meeting for North Somerset GNs has taken a different direction, so I’m setting up this thread to clarify where we are at, which is:

Lunch at the Royal Inn, Pier Rd, Portishead BS20 7HG on Friday Sept 25;
Vena11 will book and provide details nearer the time;
We must eat outside, so weather-dependent;
Menu available on the website;
Current attendees are me, Vena11, Franbern, Barmeyoldbat and LilyJ

We are very open to other local Gransnetters joining us, just let us know by posting a message to this thread. If we end up being more than the regulation 6, we’ll book a second table and split up.

It would be great if messages on this thread could stick to topic; otherwise it can be very difficult to pick out posts from people who genuinely want to join in when there are many posters talking about something else. Thank you

vena11 Mon 07-Sep-20 10:00:53

Thank you Caphx for starting this new thread

Anyone who wishes to attend could you please let me know by Saturday the 19th so I can book the table.

Thank you.

Caphx Wed 09-Sep-20 09:30:28

We currently have 5 attendees, so space for one more if anyone is interested. We must limit our numbers to 6 at the moment, in line with government regulations, but do please let us know if you’d be interested in joining us longer term when we have scope for including more people

LilyJ Sat 19-Sep-20 18:33:22

Hi to all, with sadness ☹️ So sorry, not able to join you this week. My husband has been given a follow up appointment at the hospital on Friday. As they are so hard to come by, don’t think we had better mess about trying to change.
Many apologies and hoping I can join you all on next meet up.

Caphx Sat 19-Sep-20 23:28:53

LilyJ, thanks for letting us know, hope all goes well and we’ll see you next time

Caphx Tue 22-Sep-20 16:36:08

Change of plan - we won’t be going ahead with lunch this week. As soon as it looks feasible I’ll organise a new lunch